5 days left
- Full Time
The Office of Procurement is seeking a seasoned Risk Manager. This position oversees the University’s compliance efforts with regards to risk management policies, procedures and prevention. This position will communicate risk policies and processes for the University. Provide hands-on development of risk models involving market, credit and operational risk, assure controls are operating effectively, and provide research and analytical support. Must have excellent quantitative and analytical skills, along with the ability to apply those skills across a variety of business processes.
Build risk awareness amongst employees by providing support and training within the University. Design and implement an overall risk management process for the University, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company when risks occur.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages the institution’s overall insurance program by completing all documentation in accordance with the broker and insurance carrier renewal deadlines and requirements.
• Develops and maintain all University risk management policies and procedures.
• Reviews any new major contracts or internal or external business proposals.
• Provides annual training to employees on risk policies and prevention management.
• Oversees all quality assurance activities, to include: post-accident/after-action reviews; risk assessments; recommendations for improvement; business continuity plans; and site evaluations.
• Handles all required risk compliance and reporting needs on behalf of the University.
• Coordinates institutional insurance claims processing, except for individual worker compensation claims, with university departments, faculty and students impacted.
• Ensures the university addresses potential risk exposures with excellent risk management practices
• Participates in university wide committees and working groups to address workplace safety, best practices and risk reduction techniques etc.
OTHER DUTIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
• Excellent attention to detail, analytical ability, inductive thinking required.
• Strong problem-solving skills that involve the identification of risk management issues.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• The ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
• Performs other duties as assigned.