Legal Administrative Assistant/Biller
LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/BILLER
Large, national law firm has an immediate, high-profile opening within their Washington, DC office for a Legal Administrative Assistant/Biller supporting their Chairman alongside his Law & Policy Aide and Scheduler and reporting directly to his Chief of Staff. The Legal Administrative Assistant/Biller will provide back-up, as-needed support for the Scheduler.
The hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 9:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Candidates should be prepared for and flexible to accommodate spontaneous overtime requests.
- monitoring, tracking, and summarizing high volume of incoming emails; providing status reports detailing current and pending action items
- identifying and compiling incoming and pending tasks based on existing matters on a daily basis; monitoring status of tasks on a routine basis, responding and re-prioritizing as needed
- managing corporate and personal calendars, complex travel (domestic and international), and scheduling engagements
- coordinating with internal and external teams to ensure all logistics are facilitated appropriately
- tracking meeting information, timelines, and timeframes accurately
- organizing, monitoring, and maintaining all email correspondence in a timely manner
- facilitating the timely processing, tracking, and delivery of client bills
- time entry and time capture
- liaising with Accounting/Billing staff
- drafting bill review, narrative edits, etc.
- reviewing rates, ensuring compliance with client billing guidelines, requirements, and special needs
- collaborating effectively and efficiently with other legal support staff as well as with the Marketing and Billing departments
- researching and keeping abreast of all new related practice information, following up on pressing matters on a daily basis
- answering telephone inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of partner-level practice management support experience; partner-level billing experience
- proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong skills in Word and Outlook; minimum accurate typing speed of 55 WPM
- superior organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands
- excellent attention to detail
- exceptional verbal and written and communication skills
- ability and desire to work collaboratively as part of a high-functioning, matrixed support team
- capacity to manage logistics for Firm meetings; ability to coordinated with A/V and Conference Services
- ability to set and consistently achieve self-performance standards relating to accountability, ownership of assignments, and client service
- aptitude to proactively work with legal staff to address complex matters in a collaborative manner
- flexibility to work overtime as needed