Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Washington, DC
GGTI is seeking a Data Scientist who is expected to discover information hidden in vast amounts of aviation data, including operation and simulated data, and provide recommendations to managements at various levels. Along with working with air traffic domain experts, the primary focus of this role will be in applying data mining techniques, statistical analysis, and building high quality predictive models and causal analysis of safety issues. It involves analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of packages such as R, Python, or SPSS and BI tools such as Tableau. In addition, the Data Scientist should have some familiarity with SQL, Java or C/C++.
What’s the Job?
- Preprocessing, cleansing, and verifying integrity of data that can be provided as input for advanced analytics
- Ad-hoc analysis and presentations of results for technical and non-technical audiences
- Feature selection, model building and optimization using machine learning techniques
- Building regression, classification, association models
- Building anomaly detection systems
You are an experienced Data Scientist with an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline. You will be able to discover information hidden in vast amounts of aviation data, including operation and simulated data, and provide recommendations to managements at various levels. Along with working with air traffic domain experts, you will be able to apply data mining techniques, perform statistical analyses, and build high quality predictive models and causal analyses of safety issues. You can analyze large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with R and/or Python and Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as Tableau. In addition, you have some familiarity with SQL.
What do you need to qualify?
- 4+ years of professional work experience in a quantitative field
- A Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in operations research, applied statistics, Computer Science (data mining, machine learning stream) or a related quantitative discipline
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms
- Excellent applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Excellent understanding of common machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as K-means, k-NN, Bayesian Networks, SVM, Decision trees, ensemble methods etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Proficiency in at least one of these (preferably Python)
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, Tableau etc.
- Some experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, or HBase
- Ability to pass a Federal Government background investigation to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Current U.S. Citizen/Green Card-holder
- Deep learning with TensorFlow, Torch, or similar
- Spark, Hadoop, or similar
We offer a dynamic benefits package to include competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with a generous match, tuition reimbursement, employee recognition, transportation benefits, and flexible work schedule.
GGTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Since 1997, we have provided safety, engineering, and policy support to our government and industry customers. Our professionals specialize in operational testing, safety management, and project management.
Contact Information: Email: email@example.com