Chief Financial Officer
- Full Time
Founded in 1959, St. Coletta is a 501(c)(3), non-sectarian organization that supports individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, and secondary disabilities. We operate a school and two adult programs for 470 individuals with intellectual disabilities from Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia.
At St. Coletta, we believe in the immeasurable value of the individual human spirit and it is our goal to insure the right of each person to live life as full and independent as possible. We seek passionate people who are dedicated to our mission and providing support to children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
We are currently recruiting for the role of Chief Financial Officer who will work out of our DC location. This position is responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of the organization’s operations providing leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting and budgeting efforts of the organization.
- Oversee day to day finance and accounting operations including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll.
- Develop, implement, coordinate, and maintain all organizational financial operations, controls, policies and planning. Maintain a strong system of internal controls to ensure accurate reporting and safeguarding of organization’s assets.
- Provide supervision and direction to internal accounting staff and external consultants.
- Ensure financial transactions meet organizational short and long term objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Support Program budgeting:
- Prepare the organization’s operating and capital budget
- Provide support/technical expertise to each site and program during the budgeting process
- Respond to inquiries from staff regarding budgets, deposits, disbursement and grant- reporting requests.
- Prepare periodic financial reports for the Senior Leadership, external agencies, and Finance Committee
- Prepare quarterly Board package for Board Meetings.
- Lead the Audit Process
- Be the point person for the relationship with external auditors to ensure the timely and accurate completion of annual financial audits, tax reports, etc.
- Provide technical support to programs for each of their annual audits and accreditation reviews.
- Work with internal team and Finance Committee to review audited annual financials and 990 forms
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a senior level finance or accounting position. CPA required. Experience working for a similarly purposed nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization (e.g., student education or adult support services) is preferred
- Experience in the use of the accounting software including Great Plains
- Knowledge of the current state and federal guidelines for Special Education and current CMS regulations
- Outstanding communication skills including both verbal and written
- Ability to coordinate effectively with departments and program staff
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented to be able to manage all finance deadlines
- Belief and commitment to the mission of St. Coletta
The Chief Financial Officer position is a full-time salaried position with benefits, including health and dental insurance, an employer retirement plan and a flexible working environment. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.stcoletta.org. Please include your resume, cover letter and salary requirements when applying. All applications for the position should be submitted by September 16, 2019.