Responsible for buying and assisting the Merchandise Manager with delivery of firearms and merchandise to distribution points and fundraising events across the nation. Track inventory levels, trends and usage of merchandise and firearms through the event tracker system. Inform field staff of industry and package updates, changes, and promotions. Knowledge of and support for the mission of the National Rifle Association.
1. Create a forecast and buying schedule, within departmental guidelines, for various products including firearms. Maintain purchase order receiving schedule, in an accurate and timely manner, and assist with order placement on a weekly basis.
- Assist with tracking firearm order trends
- Maintain accurate BATFE state firearm restrictions for all firearms on event tracker site
2. Assist, as directed, Merchandise Manager with the distribution of merchandise to all fund-raising events across the nation in an accurate and timely manner, as well as supplemental sales (i.e., headquarters orders).
3. Support and assist, as directed, the Merchandise Manager in managing purchase, receipt, delivery and quality of Friends of NRA merchandise and firearms as directed.
4. Act as liaison between Field Representatives and Field Operations Distribution Center, within divisional guidelines, to resolve merchandise and problems including lost, damaged, incorrect or duplicate merchandise and firearms.
5. Coordinate and assist in planning and development of the annual merchandise selection meeting, including soliciting for product submission, training vendors on selection website, meeting and merchandise layout, and other necessary logistics as assigned. Track incoming samples and outgoing returns of all products between the NRA and approximately 150 vendors in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Track results of merchandise sales and analyze usage and trends with Friends of NRA database in an accurate and timely manner. Provide vendors with quarterly sales and updates. Work with Merchandise Manager to make continued recommendations for additional functions/improvements to current database.
SCOPE: High visibility with NRA staff, NRA Field Representatives, NRA members, vendors and general public. Limited exposure to NRA Board of Directors. Position functions in a fast paced work environment with minimal supervision. Occasional national travel required. Weekend work required occasionally.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Associates degree or minimum of five years purchasing experience required. An understanding of and experience with inventory management, event coordination, firearms, and purchasing techniques desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Strong analytical problem solving skills and effective organizational skills required. Ability to communicate and work well with others essential. Proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting set deadlines essential. Proficiency in Excel and Outlook required. Firearm knowledge and experience in web based applications preferred. Ability to lift and carry 30-40 pound boxes necessary. Must be eligible under Federal law to access firearms and ammunition.
To apply, send resume with cover letter to email@example.com. The NRA is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer offering an extensive benefits package.
Apply for Merchandise Buyer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly