This position will run point in the evaluation and implementation of new hardware and software while developing expertise of technologies already in use. We are looking for someone with honed technical, communication, and time-management skills that is comfortable working in both independent and team environment settings.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience working with a mid-sized business and possess an expertise in Cisco networking as well as one or more of the following technologies; NetApp, VMware, Microsoft Windows Server and/or Exchange Server.
- Perform design, configuration, deployment, maintenance, and monitoring tasks to provide a secure, stable, high-performance environment in accordance with established policies.
- Install, maintain, and monitor LAN devices including; network servers, switches, routers, firewalls, and other peripheral devices.
- Monitor network performance and conduct intermediary network restoration/recovery actions.
- Troubleshoot LAN and WAN hardware and software problems to resolution or locate appropriate resolution source and provide updates to call tracking system.
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot on-premises networks with multiple WAN connections and VLAN configurations.
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot virtualization environments.
- Produce and maintain detailed network performance and utilization documentation.
- Provide technical advice on LAN and WAN issues concerning system expansion and upgrades.
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Collaborate with security team to ensure new software, platforms, and designs meet security compliance requirements.
- Communicate effectively with Information Services staff and end-users in the evaluation and development of Association IT business solutions.
- Build positive end-user relationships by developing an understanding of division/department business practices and objectives.
- Complete projects and tasks within established guidelines.
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience with; major internet routing protocols, router platforms, and design concepts.
- Ability to apply necessary testing, practices, and procedures prudently.
- Ability to problem-solve IT systems issues, and identify effective and cost-efficient solutions.
- Experience with monitoring tools.
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and conceptual thinking skills.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and vendors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Routing and Switching certification
- Wireless network experience
- Windows Domain design/management
- NAS management
- Virtualization management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity software, including Visio
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Certifications of one or more of the technologies discussed is required. At least 5 years of relevant experience including on-premises network design and implementation, and LAN/WAN troubleshooting. Equivalent combination of experience and education would be considered.
The NRA is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer offering an extensive benefits package.
Apply for Systems Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly