Legal Administrative Assistant (Tysons)
LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
National law firm is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join their Northern Virginia office. The Legal Administrative Assistant will provide comprehensive administrative and client project support to assigned legal staff.
The hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. (Firm observes a 37.50-hour work week).
- creating and managing documents
- client billing
- opening new matters
- court filings, including e-filing
- scheduling appointments and maintaining calendars
- litigation practice support
- time and data entry
- making travel arrangements
- 3-5 years of experience supporting bankruptcy, corporate, real estate and/or related practices; experience with real estate transactions and documents
- intermediate to advanced knowledge of Outlook and Word; working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- ability to accurately type at least 55 WPM
- experience using FileSite/WorkSite or other document management systems
- ability to manipulate PDFs and use associated software tools, such as PDF Converter, Nuance PDF Converter, and Adobe Reader
- ability to use PACER to pull online court records and documents
- experience with Relativity, LawManager.Pro, ECF system, AIA, and Best Case
- experience filing court documents through e-filing and on site at courthouses
- ability to transcribe various projects using digital systems (Big Hand)
- ability to prioritize work and manage workflow
- excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- ability to compose, edit, and proofread legal documents, correspondence, and reports
- ability to coordinate and manage routine administrative work, such as scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, preparing expense reimbursements, etc.
- strong proofreading skills and overall consistent attention to detail
- ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment while coordinating multiple duties
- ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the Firm
- ability to operate routine office equipment
Work is mainly sedentary.