Instructional Designer (eLearning)
2 days left
- Full Time
ASTRO, the American Society for Radiation Oncology, is seeking an experienced Instructional Designer with a passion for lifelong learning to join our Education team. The Instructional Designer is responsible for the content and technical development of ASTRO Academy’s online curriculum (i.e. self-assessment modules, journal activities, interactive video, pulsed learning, microlearning, evaluations etc.). S/he is also responsible for ensuring each online or blended learning activity is developed in compliance with Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and American Board of Radiology maintenance of certification requirements (ABR MOC).
Using his/her strong technical background, and innovative approaches to education, this individual provides expertise to the live meeting team through storyboarding new learning formats, provides frontline customer support to members needing technical assistance with ASTRO Academy and handles member questions about continuing education credits and maintenance of certification requirements.
General office environment with some local/domestic travel (approximately 10%) and occasional after-hours committee meetings or webinar hosting (approximately 6-12 times per year) required.
- Design interactive learning content for blended and online activities.
- Work with Committee members and stakeholders to conduct need analysis to design and develop innovative educational activities.
- Create, edit and script multimedia learning assets with a variety of tools, including Adobe Captivate, Canva, Prezi, learning management system and more.
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices related to adult online learning and optimization of LMS.
- Ensure online activities comply with ACCME and MOC certification and reporting requirements standards.
- Investigates solutions and options to expand online capabilities and suggests creative approaches to marketing content.
- Works with eLearning Manager to ensure products are available for launching to membership through ASTRO Academy
- In collaboration with staff and volunteer faculty handles the development, peer review and hosting of live self-assessment module (SAM) courses, webinars and Academy courses.
- Provide insights to evaluate and manage the life cycle of the product (e.g., unmet needs, strategy, new features, requirements, releases, sunsetting and more). Facilitates faculty management for Live SAMS, webinars and faculty development courses.
- Responds to frontline customer service inquiries about continuing education credits, Academy courses, and MOC requirements providing technical support and in-depth problem solving when necessary.
- Assist with marketing and promoting of ASTRO’s online and blended learning programs (ie, ASTROgram, website, and dedicated emails).
- Strategize across the department new way to engage learners in a live setting through the use of adult learning strategies.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. (Degree in adult education or instructional design preferred.)
- 5+ years of related work experience (instructional design) preferably in a medical specialty society, non-profit, or other education-related field.
- Experience with accreditation and certification processes such as the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education, American Medical Association, and/or the American Board of Radiology, strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of online and/or blended continuing education required, within the adult education, non-profit, or medical specialty society fields preferred.
- Strong organizational/project management skills with ability to manage subject matter experts, handle multiple tasks, work at a fast pace, determine priorities, and meet critical deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with work experience in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced proficiency using various instructional design software (ie. Adobe Captivate, Canva, Prezi and more)
- Advanced proficiency in learning management systems (EthosCE) and association management systems (Aptify ) with the ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Proficiency using a content management system (Kentico), and HTML and CSS basics.
- Proficiency in working with webinar software (Go to Webinar experience preferred) and hosting live webinar events.
- Knowledge of continuing medical education requirements, including ACCME standards and maintenance of certification.
- Ability to devise modes of assessment such a test, quizzes, question banks to measure effectiveness of educational activities.
- Demonstrated skill in providing frontline customer service and experience in working collaboratively across the organization (IT Department, Communications Department, etc.) and with outside vendors to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with members, volunteer leadership, and colleagues.
- Ability to work as part of a team, take initiative, think proactively and promote best practices for the division and organizational missions.
- Strong writing and verbal skills, ability to provide excellent customer service (by phone, online and in person), and strong organizational abilities
This role might be right for you if…
- You have a passion for developing, implementing and evaluating professional education programs
- You are creative, imaginative and a team player
- Consider yourself a tech enthusiast.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies in instructional settings
- Curiosity; drive for continuous improvement and development of new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively; strong project management skills; can meet and manage multiple deadlines working both independently and on a team; highly detail-oriented
- Self-starter, self-motivated and able to work independently
- Willingness to occasionally travel (including weekends)
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to connect well with people and work in a collaborative manner
ASTRO offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, majority company paid
- 401K with immediate company contribution
- 23 days of Paid Time Off annually
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Employer subsidized commuter benefits
- Employer paid life, short- and long-term disability insurance
- and more
Please see our website www.astro.org for more information about ASTRO.
All applications must be submitted through our website. Be sure to include a cover letter. To apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=f5688abd-7893-4349-9948-f60b3bdf7a5d&ccId=1201151451_8078&type=MP&lang=en_US
We are an equal/affirmative action employer.