Multimedia Production Manager
- Full Time
Howard Community College - Multimedia Production Manager
Thank you for considering Howard Community College in your search.
About Howard Community College:
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
Research, develop and deliver video/media processes, content management, and content distribution systems; provide video, video conferencing and multimedia production support to faculty and departments in the form of instructional media for classroom, faculty research/presentation, and college communications; provide video recording of classes and events on campus, editing and exporting video for DVD and online viewing and creating fully-produced educational and instructional videos; also provide video production training and guidance to faculty and staff, recommend media equipment and software for client department purchases; and participate in non-video general and special projects as needed.
- Provides leadership, supervision, and administration of multimedia development in the Curriculum and Instructional Services Division, department of Instructional Media.
- Provides direction, instruction and support for video capture and video conferencing of instructional events, and classes including lecture capture using software solutions.
- Collaborates with faculty and staff on design, development and deployment of instructional video initiatives for local and streamed media.
- Directs development of storyboards, branding and closed captioning of video projects.
- Organizes captured media to ensure faculty access; increase efficiency of producing media and ensuring the appropriate archiving of materials.
- Facilitates and manages a hosted media solution for HCC content that is accessible to students, faculty, and staff that are affiliated with HCC.
- Works with campus stakeholders to implement and integrate solutions into other applications.
- Utilizes and supervises the use of digital media tools (e.g. digital video, audio, and graphic production tools) in production of multimedia course materials and digital signage.
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree with two years related experience
- One year lecture capture hosting/organizing content experience (Mediasite preferred)
- One year teaching or training experience preferred
- Professional level experience with video editing software for MAC and PC; experience with Adobe Creative Suite (or comparable)
- Competent and knowledgeable in the area of multimedia hardware (scanners, digital cameras, video cameras, printers, etc.)
- Experience with MS Office 2016 (or current version) professional level experience with digital still and video camera
- Ability to troubleshoot both MACS and PC's
- Insight into the application of video and multimedia for faculty and corporate communications
- Video work experience in higher education is preferred
- Two years of experience working with faculty to integrate technology into the classroom preferred
- Ability to work well with faculty, staff, students and software vendors.
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Work Schedule: M-F
Compensation: $55,191 plus excellent health benefits, paid leave and tuition reimbursement
FLSA Status: Exempt
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: 9/20/19
*Pre-employment criminal background investigation is a condition of employment.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100.
Please provide a resume, cover letter and link to portfolio of video samples (if available).
Link for application submission: http://howardcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=115421 [howardcc.interviewexchange.com]