Entry-Level Maintenance Mechanic
SEEKING FULL-TIME ENTRY LEVEL MAINTENANCE MECHANIC IN NEW CARROLLTON, MD $18.00/hour, holidays and health benefits after 90 days, one week vacation and 401K eligibility after one year of service.
The Entry-Level Maintenance Mechanic supports the operation,inspection and maintenance process to mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities. This position will also assist Chief Engineer in maintenance and repair efforts, as well as, independently performing defined tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Performs ongoing preventive and repair response work orders on facility mechanical, electrical, plumbing and other installed systems, equipment, and other components.
· Performs assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
· Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment and/or as directed.
· Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested
· Replaces lighting and ballasts.
· Clean HVAC coils, change filters and belts.
· Complies with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas.
· Recognizes danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
· Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
· Submit P-card Receipts Daily
· Updates work order statuses in real time
· Utilizes CMMS systems such as 360 Facility for all work performed.
· Performs Vehicle Safety Inspection
· High school diploma or GED
· 2+ years of experience in the building maintenance industry
· Accredited trade school degree in HVAC,electronic, or other industry related trade a plus. Union training and certification is also acceptable.
· Universal CFC certification a plus.
Highly Desirable Attributes
· Knowledge in the safe and proper use of the following tools: ladders, lifts, basic hand tools, volt meter, manual drainauger, plumbers helper, safety goggles, ear protection, and fire extinguisher.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
· Must be comfortable working in less than ideal working conditions.