The National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) seeks a highly motivated and high performing Executive Assistant. This is a great opportunity for a team player to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have enthusiasm about accomplishing administrative tasks that support the Executive Team and organization’s priorities.
NNEDV is a social change organization dedicated to creating a social, political, and economic environment in which violence against women no longer exists. NNEDV advocates for laws, policies, and funding to address domestic violence; and provides training, technical assistance, education, and support to 1) state domestic violence coalitions, 2) local domestic violence, sexual violence and stalking programs, 3) transitional housing programs, and 4) the general public.
NNEDV is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to support our three Vice Presidents in a timely and professional manner. The Executive Assistant will support the development and continuous operation of NNEDV and its seven main programs. Sample duties include scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, organizing daily calendars, assisting with follow-up after meetings, and supporting the Board of Directors. To be successful in this role, you should be proactive, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively. Our ideal candidate has several years of experience as an Executive Assistant supporting VP or CEO level management.
While working most closely with the Executive Team, the Executive Assistant will also be part of the Finance and Administrative Team and will coordinate, collaborate, and assist when other Admin team members are out of office.
- Scheduling and maintaining calendars for three Vice Presidents.
- Providing support to Executive Team members as needed and as requested.
- Providing administrative support related to business travel, including reservations, itineraries, logistical support, and expenses.
- Planning and preparing materials for presentations, meetings, and conference calls.
- Providing support for high-level meetings with external stakeholders, including scheduling, agendas, minutes, and tracking of follow-up assignments.
- Managing electronic and paper files.
- Partnering with other administrative and programmatic staff to ensure seamless operation of the organization.
- Managing and tracking email and other correspondence with external stakeholders.
- Supporting external relationship management to enable the Executive Team to cultivate, facilitate, and manage key relationships with members, allies, funders, and elected officials.
- Providing strategic management and oversight of the Executive Team members’ calendars with prioritization and efficiency.
- Undertaking research tasks, including background information for externals meetings and presentations.
- Drafting and reviewing contract materials for events and partnerships.
- Planning and organizing quarterly meetings of the Board of Directors and its committees including preparation of meeting materials, correspondence, catering, meeting logistics, and note taking.
- Upholding a strict level of confidentiality.
- Helping cover other Admin Team member tasks when they are out of office.
- Supporting project teams as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 or more years of relevant experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, Coordinator, or a similar role with duties including managing details, coordinating projects, supporting a team/project/organization.
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills with ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and workflows.
- Commitment to the organization's mission.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, including a strong grasp of grammar, punctuation, and copy editing.
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with MS Office (particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience in a relevant area.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience as an Executive Assistant supporting senior management.
- Strong familiarity with non-profit environments.
- Experience with social justice work.
This position offers a flexible and collegial working environment in our offices off Thomas Circle in downtown Washington, DC, near McPherson Square Metro (blue/orange lines). Some local travel to meetings required.
Please combine the following documents into one PDF: (1) cover letter outlining executive-level support experience, (2) resume, and (3) salary expectations, and email to Cindy Southworth, Executive Vice President, at ExecAssistantJob@nnedv.org. Applications that do not contain all of the required items will not be considered. Please also paste the content of your cover letter into the body of the email. Applications received by end of day September 13th will be given priority; however, the position will remain open until filled. No U.S. mail or faxes please.
Anticipated Salary Range:
The salary range will be between $55,000 - $70,000 annually based on qualifications and experience.
NNEDV pays the entire cost of each employee’s Health (HMO Plan), Dental, Life, and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurances. NNEDV contributes 3% to each employee’s 401k retirement plan (no match required). NNEDV also provides 17 paid holidays (including the last full week of each year), three weeks of annual leave, and 10 days of sick leave each year. NNEDV also offers vision insurance at a nominal cost.
NNEDV is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage your application to join our highly accomplished team! Learn more about NNEDV at www.nnedv.org