Shalom Baranes Associates (SBA) is a Washington, DC architectural firm located in Georgetown with an acclaimed reputation for its expertise in residential, commercial, institutional, and governmental design. Established in 1981 with a specific focus on the Washington, DC market, SBA has been at the forefront of development in the capital city. Learn more at https://www.sbaranes.com
We are seeking to fill a Receptionist / Administrative Assistant position. Passionate, innovative, versatile? We'd like to hear from you. SBA offers talented professionals the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative environment at a leading firm that excels in a broad range of complex urban projects.
Job Description: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
This role will require the candidate, in collaboration with other Administrative Assistants, to multi-task as they answer phone calls, welcome clients and visitors to the office, and assist staff members and the accounting office with administrative needs, which may include human resources and/or project-related tasks. The ideal candidate must be cheerful, presentable, positive, and enthusiastic about assisting with a variety of administrative tasks. The candidate will be expected to thoroughly complete all assigned tasks in a timely and accurate manner and deliver excellent service to clients and staff in all interactions.
- Greeting and directing visitors to appropriate meetings within the office
- Efficiently and correctly directing a high volume of phone calls to appropriate staff members
- Coordinating the use of and schedules for conference rooms
- Processing of incoming and outgoing mail
- Delivering incoming mail to staff member mailboxes
- Assisting the accounting office with administrative tasks
- Coordinating courier deliveries
- Coordinating office maintenance needs with the building engineer
- Assisting with the setup of coffee and/or lunches for meetings
- Providing backup to other Administrative Assistants as needed
- Other duties as assigned, which may include human resources and project-related tasks
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of relevant work experience or a minimum of five years of receptionist / administrative assistant experience is preferred
- Previous experience working in an Architect’s office is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Word; Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills are a plus
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Preferred candidates will demonstrate a collaborative approach, a willingness to take initiative beyond assigned duties, and the ability to self-motivate without high levels of direction or supervision
Position Type / Expected Hours:
The full-time Receptionist / Administrative Assistant reports to a Supervisor, does not oversee any employees, and is expected to work 40 hours a week. Telework is not available and office hours for this position are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday.