Chemonics seeks a Writer/Editor, to join the Editorial Support and Production (ESP) department, starting at the Manager-level. The Writer/Editor writes and edits technical materials throughout the proposal development and project lifecycles and works with others in the department and across the company to ensure that materials are consistent with Chemonics’ corporate brand, are of high quality, and meet the needs of our client. The Writer/Editor will also help establish, maintain, and promote high standards for writing, editing, style, format, design, and production for all written materials at Chemonics. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide high-quality writing and editing services for all aspects of new business work
- Review preliminary outlines and drafts; make suggestions to improve responsiveness to RFP and contribute broadly as a member of the proposal team
- Use knowledge of international development issues and trends to provide input into RFP analysis, proposal outlining, results framework development, and the use of pillars and key themes
- Work collaboratively with project teams to meet needs for project communication consistent with corporate and client standards, including editing American English for U.S.-based clients and British English for U.K.-based clients. Help project identify appropriate resources to carry out project communication tasks
- Provide high quality writing and editing services for technical materials throughout project life cycle, including proposals, reports, deliverables, and outreach materials
- Foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations
- Help enforce and promote understanding of corporate practices for billing project communication services
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Proficiency in a foreign language preferred
- Knowledge of American English to support communications with U.S.-based clients and British English to support communications with U.K.-based clients
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills
- Strong knowledge for MS Office applications
- Knowledge of company’s main client and its operations preferred
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of 4-8 weeks per year
- Experience living or conducting volunteer work in developing countries preferred
- Strong administrative skills, word processing abilities, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contribution to end results
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Apply through our Career Center by September 14, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.