Program Specialist-HOC ACADEMY
This position provides a range of direct and specialized counseling and service connection for adult education and workforce development services. Will conduct vocational assessments for individuals seeking services through HOC Academy. Will support HOC customers working toward economic self-sufficiency through referrals and direct provision of educational and career counseling. Customers will receive assistance in identifying career goals; financial assistance for continuing education; and guidance on applying for employment. Will maintain contact with individuals approved for HOC tuition assistance and participating in training courses, providing information and referral and reporting on outcomes. Will also be responsible for collaborating with other Resident Services staff and Workforce Development and Employment organizations to host workshops and events to link residents with resources and opportunities. Will apply project management best practices to plan and execute recruitment, career coaching and employment events. Will provide service connection for education, training and employment experiences for clients. Will maintain a database to track customers' status /progress and provide regular reporting on customers' progress toward attaining their educational and employment goals. Valid Driver's License required. Flexible work schedule needed for occasional evenings and a couple of weekends each month.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Social Science or related field
- Requires three years of case management experience and or employment training services
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good judgement, good computer skills, have the ability to work independently
- Must have the ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must be computer proficient in Word, Excel and other software.
- Must have working knowledge of community resources and career counseling experience.