Sales & Marketing Manager
Lineup is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NCARB, a nonprofit organization that leads the regulation of architecture. NCARB created the company to commercialize its award-winning software in a SaaS model.
The fully-funded startup is finding early success and is looking for a dynamic sales and marketing manager that can lead the way for rapid growth.
The essential objectives include providing guidance to our team by evaluating and developing sales and marketing strategies to increase the client base, growing revenue, planning and coordinating marketing efforts, communicating the marketing plans to those involved, and building awareness and positioning for our company's brand.
The person we are seeking will have a tireless work ethic and is excited by the idea of working in a tech startup and helping us grow and expand our customer base. This person is also a creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys developing and implementing marketing strategies and campaigns with a hands-on approach. If you are a positive person with a passion for people, technology, and the opportunity to help shape the model to take a startup to become the next unicorn sounds exciting to you, we want to hear from you.
Duties will include:
- Partner with Lineup’s President on the sales and marketing vision, strategy and roadmap
- Position Lineup for rapid growth
- Brand development through website, blogs, byline articles, thought leadership, advertisement and social media
- Lead generation through digital marketing, lead generation automation, conference sponsorship, events, exhibits, cold calls and email marketing campaigns
- Guiding and facilitating the sales process from lead qualification, conversion, product demos, and proposals to negotiating and closing deals
- Collaborating on the development of customer onboarding, service and support
- Collaborating with software development team on product development and roadmap planning
At a minimum, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or similar; or, combination of substantial related experience, training and education may substitute
- Five or more years of relevant experience that includes integrated marketing, branding, digital communications, analytics and client focused solutions; and at least three years as a sales executive
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing the web and social media for marketing communications
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong copywriting skills
- Ability to think big picture and strategically while maintaining exceptional attention to detail and managing multiple projects
- Ability to set example and maintain a positive attitude and work environment in times of pressure
- Proficient in Adobe (PDF) Applications and Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point
- Some travel including weekends may occasionally be required
Ideally, you have:
- Experience in a startup or in commercializing software
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- High level of flexibility, creativity and innovation
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate and influence all levels of an organization, including executive and c-level
- Demonstrated knowledge of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
It would be awesome if you had:
- Experience in a sales team that generated fast growth for a SaaS startup
- Experience managing projects and motivating teams
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with proven ability to lead and manage projects with high levels of technical and/or functional complexity
- Familiarity with Lean Startup, Design Thinking, and other innovation methods
Our employees enjoy a comprehensive set of benefits that include strong support for health and wellness, some nice perks, and professional development. We also offer a great work environment that is thoughtful and collaborative. It is filled with lots of light and awesome colleagues who believe in our mission and embrace our values of Open, Responsive, and Restless.
Some highlights include:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life and disability insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- All-staff outings and retreats
- Convenient metro-accessible location (McPherson Square and Metro Center)
How to Apply
If you feel qualified and you are experienced with these concepts, please go ahead and apply. We would love to hear from you.
NCARB is an EEO employer committed to recruiting a diverse workforce. For more information about NCARB, visit our website: http://www.ncarb.org.