At MicroPact our goal is to make the working world a better place by developing and implementing BPM and Case Management software to make our clients more efficient.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will play an integral part in advancing our Cloud eco-system and culture of technical excellence. You will champion Infrastructure Automation, support Hybrid Cloud Solutions, and display a strong understanding of Cloud-as-a-Service varieties: PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS. Creating the next generation of network-centric Cloud architectures, you will make a key contribution supporting end-to-end public Cloud Automation of application delivery, including Infrastructure provisioning and integration with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms, using existing and emerging technologies. The ideal candidate will have experience moving infrastructure to the Cloud!
- Driving project/service delivery
- Plan and lead the deployment of the cloud solution in production environments
- Develop scripts and glue code to integrate multiple software components
- Automate the provisioning of environments pulling strings with Puppet, cooking up some recipes with Chef and the deployment of those environments using containers, such as Docker (and for the love of automation, at least have some configuration management tool through some version control)
- Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and accessing the overall quality of delivered components
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering team, solving complex business problems together
- Evaluate & build different compute frameworks for all tiers
- Implementing scalable system solutions is required
- We are looking for self-starters, those who can work independently, with and across teams. Establishing smooth running environments is paramount o your success and happiness
- Experience migrating on-site solutions to cloud based offerings, such as Amazon’s AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Bachelor’s degree or Military Experience
- 1+ years supporting of Java web application technologies such as Tomcat or JBOSS
- 1+ years working with XML or YAML configuration
- 1+ years of experience in software development embracing Agile principles
- 1+ years of experience with Cloud based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2/S3, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of various factors, which often require interdisciplinary collaboration
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical teams
- Must be eligible to obtain and hold a US Government security clearance of Secret or higher
- At least 1-2 years of experience working in UNIX/LINUX platforms
- At least 1-2 years of experience with reading and writing LINUX shell scripts
- At least 1-2 years of experience deploying Docker applications with Orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, AWS EKS, AWS ECS)
- At least 1-2 years of experience deploying applications with CI/CD (e.g., Jenkins, AWS CodeCommit)
- At least 1-2 years of experience using git
- Active (not expired) AWS certification
- Manage AWS resource stack (EC2, ELB) via CloudFormation or RightScale
- S3 bucket administration (ACLs, policies, LifeCycle, replication)
- Manage Security Groups for EC2 instances, knowledge of IGW, routes, and ACLs
- Knowledge and experience using AWS Service Catalog
MicroPact offers stable employment, a strong compensation and benefits package and a high energy work environment. More importantly, we provide opportunities to learn and grow. Our objective is to build a team of highly skilled software professionals that can solve client needs today and take on future management and executive roles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.