Warehouse Specialist I
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
Description – Network Analyst II/III
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for a Warehouse Specialist I. Under supervision of this position assists in the receipt, inspection, storage and distribution of supplies, materials and equipment. Performs related warehousing activities.
Essential functions include:
- Picking and issuing materials from stock to maintenance and construction crews.
- Loading and unloading trucks.
- Unpacking and stocking materials and supplies.
- Verifying the quality of materials and supplies received.
- Verifying all orders match the packing lists and purchase orders or similar documents.
- Assuring stock is kept neat and orderly.
- Picking up materials from suppliers and/or delivery to various Fairfax Water facilities or jobsites.
- Receive and issue inventory in SAP.
- Participating in the annual inventory.
- Graduation from high school (or GED) and a minimum of one-year experience in warehouse operations, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge.
- Working knowledge of warehouse and inventory practices.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and reports.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to make basic arithmetical computations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and all Warehouse Department clients.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Overtime as required.
- This is an “essential employee” position. Employee may be required to report to work during extreme weather conditions, emergencies, etc.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. The salary range for this position is 35,051.95 to 57,423.18 per annum. Applications must be received by September 23, 2019 no later than 4:30PM.