AutoCAD Drafter/GIS Technician
Job Title: AutoCAD Drafter/GIS Technician
Department/Group: Water & Wastewater
Job Category: Varies
Duty Locations: MD, DC, VA
Travel Required: Local
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Term: Temporary, Part-time, as needed
Date Posted: August 22, 2019
Posting Expires: Open Until Filled
Applications Accepted By:
Fax or E-mail:
Subject Line: AutoCAD
PEER Consultants, P.C.
Attn: Human Resources Director
409 12th Street, SW. Suite 603
Washington, DC 20024
The Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) Technician is responsible for providing CADD services to support a team comprised of Project Engineers and Project Managers for all company design projects.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce and coordinate drawings within project standards from sketches, layouts and notes.
- Create and revise drawings and conceptual plan drawings in AutoCAD®.
- Help to ensure that company quality standards are adhered to and maintained.
- Follow directions from project management and technical staff.
- Comply with applicable safety rules and regulations.
- Assume other related responsibilities from time to time, as required.
Knowledge, Education & Experience: (Minimum education, experience, technical and communication skill levels and licenses/certificates normally required to perform the duties of this position)
- Associate’s degree or equivalent course work in computer aided design curriculum with 4 years of progressive experience in environmental, civil, and pipeline design; or a High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate, with 6 years of progressive experience in environmental, civil, and pipeline design.
- Completion of formalized AutoCAD® training courses and/or certification at a recognized institution is preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices in the AutoCAD® environment.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering design.
- Ability to read and interpret design standards and specifications, blueprints, drawings, redlines, etc.
- Must have a working knowledge of AutoCAD® Release 12 or later and 1-2 years of experience with Civil 3D.
- Must be familiar with ArcGIS.
- Must be familiar with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat is a plus.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Working Conditions: (Typical working conditions associated with this type of work and environmental hazards, if any, that may be encountered in performing the duties of this position.)
- Primary duties are performed indoors but may be required to conduct field visits. Conditions could include exposure to extteme cold and/or hot temperatures.
- Subject to noise and to hazards from a variety of physical conditions.
Benefits: We offer competitive salaries and an excellent employee benefits package, including comprehensive health benefits, insurance, and participation in a 401(k) retirement plan.
PEER Consultants, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workforce. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.