The American Society for Radiation Oncology, ASTRO, is looking for a seasoned IT professional with association experience to manage the overall operations and staff in our IT department. This individual will be responsible for providing technology vision and leadership in the development and implementation of information technology (IT) that aligns with ASTRO’s strategic goals. Additionally, they will create and implement IT policies and procedures according to industry best practices, keep current with emerging trends to ensure information technology adds value to the organization, collaborate with the team to effectively leverage technology to achieve the strategic goals, to set priorities for technology related projects and manage and supervise technical staff and vendors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Develop, implement and maintain IT strategic and operational plans through collaboration with leadership and technology staff that align with ASTRO’s strategic plan.
- Analyze the complex needs of ASTRO; evaluate and recommend reliable and efficient technology solutions to improve the organization’s programs, services and tools.
- Oversee the planning, selection/development, implementation and documentation of technology within the organization.
- Keep current with emerging technologies and how it can benefit ASTRO. Ensure that technical staff is informed and well-versed in new or changing technologies
- Develop and oversee the implementation of ASTRO’s annual IT operating and capital budgets.
- Create and maintain processes to ensure the successful delivery of technology solutions.
- Create and maintain an environment fosters collaboration and professional development among ASTRO’s IT talent.
- Responsible for setting and monitoring compliance with IT customer and system service levels.
- Work with IT staff and stakeholders to prioritize projects and identify key success indicators. Recommend trade-offs between scope, quality, time and cost.
- Ensure network design, infrastructure, security and technology operations meet industry standards and comply with all required regulations.
- Provide strategic direction and integrate best practices in software application design, development and implementation
- Champion the use of business intelligence applications to enhance business decision making capabilities. Oversee organizational data strategies for governance, design, integration and usage.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or computer science or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of related work experience, in an association environment strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership, relationship and team building skills
- Adept at developing a talented high-performing team
- Excellent communication skills; listening, verbal and written
- Able to translate organizational and department strategies to operational plans
- Excellent contract negotiation skills with an emphasis of maximizing value for the organization
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time and stress efficiently
- Ability to adapt to change and foster it throughout the organization
- Proven experience in the analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT solutions
- Experience with software development management, network administration, business intelligence and data strategies
- Experience developing technology policies and procedures
- Results oriented – sets well-defined and realistic goals; monitors progress and is motivated to achieve
- Project management and resource planning skills
ASTRO offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, majority company paid
- 401K with immediate company contribution
- 23 days of Paid Time Off annually
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Employer subsidized commuter benefits
- Employer paid life, short- and long-term disability insurance
- and more
Please see our website www.astro.org for more information about ASTRO.
All applications must be submitted through our website. Be sure to include a cover letter. No recruiters, please. To apply:
We are an equal/affirmative action employer.