Document Processing Specialist (11:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.)
DOCUMENT PROCESSING SPECIALIST
Prominent, international law firm is seeking a Document Processing Specialist to join their Document Processing Team in the Washington, DC office. The Document Processing Specialist will provide varied administrative and technical support to Firm personnel, including document production and troubleshooting, document scanning and coding, proofreading completed work, and supplemental support to attorneys.
The hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
- Performing advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (2010), including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, Power PDF, and Litera Change-Pro
- Performing extensive formatting and editing of word processing documents, including advanced features such as cross-referencing, bookmarks, track changes, tables of authority, tables of contents, indices, mail merging, redlining/blacklining documents, etc.
- Creating templates for legal documents and closing CD sets (creating links from TOA; simple and multi-linking of PDFs)
- Converting documents from one application to another, including cleaning, formatting, and applying styles as needed
- Importing and exporting files from USB devices, CDs, or DVDs
- Utilizing email effectively to access and manipulate attachments, zip files, etc.
- Performing scanning of documents for conversions
- Assisting Firm personnel with document troubleshooting, including corrupt documents and files
- Performing document reproduction, printing documents from electronic sources (e.g., email attachments, PDF files, CDs, etc.) and the delivery of same
- Creating binders and document indices
- Performing transcription using software such as Express Scribe/The Record Player and Wondershare and Audacity for audio/video capture
- Providing varied administrative support to attorneys (e.g., time entry, transcription, copying/printing documents, courier services, and assignment of conference rooms/visiting attorney offices)
- Performing frequent physical exertion including: sitting, repetitive use of hands, lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least five (5) years of administrative or two (2) years related technical experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio) and conversion software – intermediate proficiency in Word and Excel (80% accuracy), intermediate proficiency in PowerPoint (70% accuracy), proofreading proficiency (80% accuracy), and typing at 45 WPM (80% accuracy)
- Demonstrated knowledge of proofreading techniques
- Ability to learn various job-related computer software (e.g., Image Base, Voxco survey application, CD burner application, and document management system, e-Docs)
- Knowledge of basic graphics and picture manipulation, including resizing, copying, and pasting functions
- Knowledge of OCR conversion software (e.g., Omnipage/Panascan/Adobe Acrobat/Nuance Power PDF)
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs