Policy Analyst (Pension)
POLICY ANALYST (PENSION)
The American Academy of Actuaries (Academy) is seeking a public policy analyst to oversee a portfolio of issues relating to pensions and retirement security issues. The Pension Policy Analyst will, working with the Director of Public Policy and Deputy Director of Public Policy:
- Act as a lead staff representative interacting with public policymakers on key issues of concern to the Academy in the areas of pensions and retirement security.
- Build relationships with policymakers and regulators and expand the Academy’s role in public policy debates.
- Proactively identify initiatives to increase the effectiveness of the Academy’s policy efforts and identify analysis needs on public policy issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with federal agency stakeholders (Treasury and Labor Departments, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, Social Security Administration), congressional committees, members of congress, and other stakeholders including accounting standards setting organizations.
- Assist in the development of policy statements, issue briefs, and other public policy content.
- Represent Academy at key conferences, events, and other relevant meetings that concern the portfolio issue area.
Other responsibilities include providing staff support (drafting meeting minutes, maintaining records, developing agendas, tracking projects and coordinating members’ efforts) and monitoring relevant legislation and regulations.
Bachelor’s degree required and minimum of three to four years of association and/or legislative experience desired. Prior experience with pension and/or retirement security issues preferred. Candidates should have strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a busy environment.
The Academy offers a professional and intellectually challenging work environment, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. Send resume with cover letter to HR Mgr., American Academy of Actuaries, 1850 M Street, NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC, 20036 or Email HR@actuary.org or Fax (202) 872-8301. View our website at www.actuary.org.