Staff Accountant, A/P
Staff Accountant, Accounts Payable
At AMIDEAST we pride ourselves in being a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. We also pride ourselves in providing 40+ days of paid leave and a great 401k with 6% matching.
The Accounts Payable Accountant will ensure the integrity of the disbursement process, to include: wire transfers, balance sheet account reconciliations, travel and expense report processing, and other accounts payable responsibilities.
- Initiate Wire Transfers
- Upload EFT/Positive Pay/Wire transfer files
- Audit, approve, and submit travel reports for reimbursement
- Audit and reconcile AMEX bill on a monthly basis
- Maintain Fixed Assets/Leasehold Improvements schedule monthly, including depreciation and amortization of assets.
- Paying vendors and ensuring payment is received and conduct the monthly Open AP reconciliation.
- Act as Petty Cash Custodian, Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Manage the annual preparation of 1099’s which are issued to independent contractors/consultants
- Perform monthly inventory reconciliation and prepare necessary month end journal entries
- Perform AP account reconciliations, as required
- Automate and streamline processes to enhance accuracy of data while minimizing manual efforts
- Develop process documentation for all processes
- Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures
- File yearly student taxes
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 2 years related experience, or equivalent
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
- A solid understanding of accounting principles
- 1 year experience using Deltek’s Costpoint accounting software, preferred
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation