Junior Maintenance Mechanic
GW Facilities Services is part of the Operations department with the Maintenance HVAC team. Employees are responsible for the care taking, inspection and management of the university’s land, building, real estate and other physical assets.
This position typically assists in the general repair and maintenance of building operating equipment, which may include heating and venting systems, lighting, basic electrical, plumbing, and basic carpentry. The core responsibilities of this role are to assist in the repair of fans, compressors, pumps, burners, sterilizers, kitchen equipment, washers, dryers and other equipment, to assist in the preventative maintenance on HVAC equipment, to conduct certain regular preventative maintenance activities following appropriate training and skill demonstration, and to perform general building maintenance.
In addition, the person in this position will be responsible for the following:
• Assists with maintenance and repair of HVAC related equipment including but not limited to fans, controls, compressors, pumps, and burners.
• Assists in the performance of preventative maintenance on HVACequipment, documents deficiencies and when appropriate assists in rectifying deficiencies.
• Independently conducts certain regular preventative maintenance activities following appropriate training and skill demonstration.
• As a member of the HVAC team, executes work in alignment with departmental policies and procedures. Conducts work to meet the service delivery requirements of the unit (including unit metrics).
• Delivers quality service to customers in alignment with Division service priorities.
• Responsible for completing assigned work and closing work orders.
• Receives on-the-job direction from Maintenance Mechanic and Sr. Maintenance Mechanics in order to perform assigned tasks and attends assigned training programs identified.
Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Minimum Qualifications: Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 1.5 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Please apply here: http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/68791
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.