Resident Counselor III
This position will provide a range of direct and/or specialized information, counseling and referral services designed to assist HOC residents and HCV participants with a broad range of problems. Will assess the level of need and identify counseling opportunities that promotes self- sufficiency and upward mobility. This position requires a working knowledge of community resources, strong written, oral communication and organizational skills. Will facilitate workshops and assist with youth clubs/ programs hosted at HUB or off site. Must have experience in working with culturally, economically diverse and high risk populations. This position prefers a bilingual (English/Spanish) candidate.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field (MSW preferred)
- Minimum of three years experience with low-income families.
- Must have the ability to relate well to people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Must possess excellent assessment, oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Must be able to drive a 15 passenger van.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have good computer skills (Word & Excel).
- Must have working knowledge of community resources.
- Career counseling experience desired.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
- Must have own transportation.