Marketing Specialist (Law Firm)
TEMPORARY MARKETING SPECIALIST
ANTICIPATED ASSIGNMENT DURATION: through December, 2019
HOURS: Monday through Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. with 1 hour (unpaid) for lunch (Firm observes a 35-hour work week)
National law firm specializing in complex litigation is seeking a bright, highly motivated, client service-oriented Marketing Specialist with excellent critical thinking skills and exceptional attention to detail. The Marketing Specialist will work closely with the Director of Marketing and the Marketing Team to increase the visibility, awareness, and appreciation of the Firm’s capabilities and credentials amongst its various target audiences.
- (website) assisting with ongoing monitoring, editing, and updating of the CMST website’s content and presentation, including biographies, news, successes, case summaries, etc.
- (marketing communications) assisting with the development, drafting, design, editing, proofreading, scheduling, and distribution of marketing communications such as email alerts, newsletters, article reprints, whitepapers, and other substantive thought pieces, Firm announcements, invitations, holiday greetings, etc.
- (practice descriptions, experience lists, and other collateral material) assisting with the development, drafting, design, and production of practice-specific one-pagers, or brief descriptions of a specific practice and its capabilities, experience, and credentials
- (speaking engagements, sponsorships, conferences, and other events) assisting in the execution (i.e., registration, promotion, materials, etc.) of opportunities for the Firm, practice groups, and individuals to highlight our substantive areas of expertise through speaking engagements, event sponsorships, conference attendance, and other promotional activities
- (awards, directories, surveys, and rankings) assisting with the development of an annual awards calendar; assisting with the collection of data, the drafting of nominations, and the management of a timely submission process
- (advertising) assisting in the development, design, and placement of various sponsorship and other advertisements; encouraging brand and message consistency
- (social media) assisting with the execution of the Firm’s presence across all relevant social media channels (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- (RFPs, pitches, presentations) assisting with the development, drafting, design, and production of RFP responses, pitches, and presentations as required; encouraging brand and message consistency
- (contact lists, CRM database) assisting with the development, management, and maintenance of client, prospect, and referral contact lists/database to facilitate more efficient and effective communication with the Firm’s various target audiences (e.g., via email alerts, newsletters, announcements, invitations, etc.)
- (branded goods, giveaways, and other promotional items) purchasing and maintaining an inventory of promotional/CMST-branded goods for conference giveaways, gifts, etc.
- relevant Bachelor’s degree required
- at least three (3) years of marketing experience, preferably in a law firm or similar professional services environment
- proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; experience with basic design and database software a plus
- knowledge of and experience with relevant e-communications (e.g., Constant Contact) and social media platforms
- client service orientation
- excellent attention to detail
- outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- intellectual curiosity
- proactive mindset