Senior Associate, Development & External Affairs
Close Up Foundation’s mission is to inform, inspire, and empower young people to exercise the rights and accept the responsibilities of citizens in a democracy. As a non-profit/non-partisan leader in civic education since 1971, we believe that a strong democracy requires active and informed participation by all citizens.
- Generate leads and develop new relationships with potential donors and partners across the country to achieve team quota.
- Prospect and identify prospective donors and partners through lead generation activities; including research, cold calls, list building, meetings etc.
- Position opportunities that extend the reach of Close Up’s mission to engage partner-specific experiences and stewardship.
- Effectively manage regular communication, including writing/editing stewardship materials and development-related marketing materials.
- Work closely with the Chief Development Officer to meet fundraising goals and develop partnerships that support Close Up’s mission and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least four (4) years successful experience in fundraising, sales, project management, K-12 education, marketing communication, external outreach, or other relevant area
- Authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer
- Superior skill with written communications
- Demonstrated abilities in strategic thinking and creative problem solving
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, professionalism, and ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and to work evenings and weekends on occasion
Health and Dental Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation & Sick Leave, Short/Long-term Disability and Life/AD&D Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, On-site Gym, Free Parking, Metro Subsidy, Metro Accessible Location (Braddock Road), Casual Attire, Great Colleagues
Submit résumé, business and/or academic writing sample, and letter of interest to Mia Charity, Chief Development Officer. Selected candidate will be subject to a criminal background check.
Close Up Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics.