Financial Reporting & Audit Manager
The Financial Reporting & Audit Manager is responsible for timely and accurate financial, tax and regulatory reporting within each of the Organization’s legal jurisdictions. This position is responsible for managing the global financial statement, benefit and special purpose audits. The Financial Reporting & Audit Manager is a key partner with all departments and international offices.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage/facilitate financial statement audit processes for each of the IFAW entitles, including liaising with audit staff and IFAW staff to ensure efficient and timely audit process.
- Manage, prepare and/or review IFAW entity external financial reporting, tax, and statutory filings with relevant authorities. Compile complete and accurate annual financial statements for each of the IFAW entities in accordance with relevant accounting and reporting standards.
- In coordination with the Controller, develop, implement and monitor effective internal controls over key financial and business processes, including third party service providers.
- Develop tools, education and training for existing and new technical accounting and financial and reporting standards.
- Provide support (as needed) to other accounting functions to ensure timely and accurate financial transactions.
- In partnership with Finance Officer - Business Integration and Compliance, engage stakeholders across the organization including Legal, Development, and Program departments and international offices to provide guidance and support for initiatives with tax, regulatory and external financial reporting implications.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience required. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred. CPA and public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Non-profit and government funding experience desirable.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with financial and non-financial internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to accurately execute, document and monitor work processes.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, ability to work with high degree of independence.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, fund accounting, and current accounting pronouncements.
- Advanced desktop applications skills (Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint); automated accounting software experience (Oracle preferred).
- International experience desirable.