Major Gift Officer
2 days left
- Full Time
WAMU 88.5 is seeking a Major Gift Officer.
If you seek to join a mission-driven organization and are an experienced Major Gift professional, you may be the candidate we’re looking for.
WAMU 88.5 is Washington DC’s leading public radio station for NPR news and information. It’s our mission to connect Washingtonians with each other and the world through balanced, enlightening, inspiring and entertaining programs of the highest quality.
The Major Gifts Officer (MGO) position at WAMU 88.5 manages a portfolio of approximately 150 assigned and qualified donors, cultivating relationships, soliciting high-level gifts and assuring that donors are retained and upgraded in their giving and involvement. The role also provides input and oversight of the WAMU Leadership Circle along with other donor cultivation and stewardship activities and events.
The Major Gifts Officer reports to the Chief Development Officer and takes prospect management guidance from the Assistant Director of Development. The position must handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and spends approximately 50% time in face-to-face meetings with donors.
What you’ll do:
· Qualify a caseload of 150 donors from a larger group of donors to the organization.
· Create individual goals for each person on the caseload based on donor’s history of giving and creates a foundational communication and marketing plan for each prospective donor.
· Execute plans to meet individual and departmental goals, ensuring that donors on the caseload are retained and upgraded, including, but not limited to, face to face visits.
· Manage prospect/donor communication and drafts specific proposals for his/her assigned prospects.
· Work with content and marketing staff to secure appropriate information, including budgets, and create offers, proposals and asks that will be used with persons on the caseload to secure gifts and report back to donors on how their donations were used.
· Conducts basic prospect research for portfolio.
· Creates monthly reports as required by management that accurately reflects caseload activity and performance.
· And much more…
Your experience and attributes:
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
· 3+ years of successful individual major giving experience.
· Extensive knowledge of the Washington, DC area philanthropic community.
· Successful track record in moving donors up the giving continuum.
· Competency in prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and donor relations.
· Highly organized with the ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills – both verbal and written.
· Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 as well as industry-standard research and analytics processes.
· Familiarity with Revolution Online (ROI) database software preferred; Team Approach software a plus.
· Experience in public broadcasting a plus.