Dir of IT Support Services
Dir of IT Support Services
Agency Name & Code University of Mary Washington, 215
Role Title Faculty-Professional
Pay Band / Salary Grade 4
Employee Class AF
Working Title Dir of IT Support Services
Position Number FA0378
Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience
Position FLSA Exempt
Level Indicator Manager
Organizational Objective / Goal
The Information Technology division provides computing and communication services to the UMW campus community. Our mission is to provide the technical infrastructure, information resources, and services that advance the university’s strategic goals; enhance instructional technology, teaching and learning; promote effective and efficient work processes; and support information decision making and institutional reporting.
General Description of Position
The Director of IT Support Services will manage comprehensive computer support to all areas of the university. Leads, plans and oversees Help Desk operations, delivering configuration, installation, troubleshooting, and support of desktop and A/V hardware and software.
Required KSAs / Competencies / Qualifications to successfully perform their work
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Personnel management skills.
- Must be able to advance technology initiatives and promote an outstanding technology customer service image.
- Must have knowledge of technology management best practices.
- Project management.
Preferred KSA's / Competencies / Qualifications to successfully perform the work
Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
Required Experience - Experience supervising technology support staff.
- Experience assessing user computing needs.
- Experience managing or coordinating installation of desktop computers and A/V technology.
- Experience as a project manager or project team lead.
- Must be able to demonstrate an advanced level of proficiency supporting computer hardware and software, including MS Windows 10, MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Active Directory, Apple Mac OS, desktop computer hardware repair, desktop computer OS imaging systems, desktop computer asset tracking systems, desktop computer security, Help Desk ticketing systems.
Preferred Education - Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a technology discipline.
Preferred Experience - Experience managing technology helpdesk operations and lab/classroom support in a college or university setting.
- Experience with Dell Kace ticketing system.
- Experience with virtual desktop or lab environments is highly desirable.
- MS Office 365
- Network routing and switching
Required Licensure N/A
8/9/2019 University of Mary Washington Applicant Portal | Dir of IT Support Services | Print Preview
Preferred Licensure - ITIL Foundation or HDI Support Center certification.
- Project management
Statement of Economic Interest
Job Category Administrative Professional Faculty
Posting Date 08/01/2019
Close Date 08/23/2019
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions for Applicant
Additional Applicant Instructions
The University of Mary Washington accepts only completed online application and related materials. Faxed, mailed, or emailed applications or documentation will not be considered. Employment offers are contingent
upon the successful completion of criminal background checks. If accommodations are requested either before or at the time of the interview, please contact the Recruitment Office at 540-654-1238.
AAEEO Statement The University of Mary Washington is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, faculty, staff, constituents and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components of an outstanding education in keeping with our mission. The university is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. Resume / Curriculum Vitae
2. Cover Letter