Donor Relations Financial Management Specialist
The American Nurses Foundation was founded in 1955 as the 501©(3) research, education, and charitable affiliate of ANA. Individual donors, corporations, government agencies, and private foundations make it possible to for the Foundation to undertake potentially life-changing research, support nurses, and improve health care for all through the power of nursing. Visit www.givetonursing.org Opens a New Window. to learn more about the American Nurses Foundation.
This position with the American Nurses Foundation is responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of donor information in our database and other information-gathering and financial tracking mechanisms. The Associate is expected to exhibit effective data management, communication, analytical, and problem analysis skills. Attention to detail, accuracy and discretion with ability to handle complex regulations surrounding charitable giving is essential. A customer-service orientation is crucial, since the position is the first contact for most donors when they have questions or concerns and is also a main Foundation contact with internal stakeholders.
1. Database and Financial Operations Coordination
· Expert on donor database to ensure the highest standards and practice of data integrity and usability, including data input, accuracy, updates and corrections.
Serves as an ANA Enterprise database super-user.
· Manage and monitor all giving portals.
· Process donation acknowledgment letters.
· Implement and execute pledge payment/invoice process.
· Serve as Foundation liaison with database and finance teams. Reconcile database information with Finance Office.
· Create status reports on donations, and analytical and forecasting reports.
· Utilizing the database and other sources, export data and provide initial analysis to create targeted mailing/e-mailing lists that reflect the donors’ preferences and the Foundation team’s communication and solicitation goals. Proactively identify opportunities and target prospect groups to communicate with and/or to solicit.
· Provide donors with the potential financial and tax implications of their donations when appropriate.
· Coordinate filings with United Way, state fundraising registrations and other requirements or funding opportunities.
· Process all financial transactions for the Foundation. Reconcile with Finance Office.
2. Communications and Stewardship
· Assist in developing and implementing strategies for innovative ways to acknowledge and engage donors.
- Provide immediate, articulate, and thorough responses to donor inquiries. Provide resourceful, effective problem analysis and resolution to donors.
· Produce regular donor stewardship reports.
· Administer the Honor a Nurse program.
· Participate in development and execution of employee giving program, stewardship events, employee donor luncheon, and conference booths.
· Participate in coordination, production and mailing of organizational communications, including new donor packets and appeal letters.
3. Quality Assessment
- Perform document review and quality control on all information entered into database, as well as external-facing documents, to ensure compliance with procedures and in support of the ANA Enterprise. Assure adherence to Foundation and Enterprise policies and SOPs. Responsible for updating and maintaining policies and processes pertaining to scope of work. Respond to and track all vendor and donor questions and/or problems in an effort to improve processes. Demonstrate ability to absorb and apply complex information quickly. Maintain digital and hard copy donor files. Ensure office equipment is functioning.
- Support and participate in organizational initiatives and projects as needed. Highly adaptive, change-positive personality capable of working effectively within a team structure and independently.
Bachelor’s Degree required; focus on business, finance, or non-profit management preferred.
Related Work Experience
Minimum of 1-3 years of work experience, with at least one year in a non-profit fundraising office preferred.
· Personify database experience preferred.
· PC proficiency with multiple applications (MS Office Suite and Outlook), with advanced Excel skills, including the ability to create pivot tables, a must.
· Experience with customer resource management software or donor databases and working with confidential information.
· Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated experience in detailed analysis and forecasting.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and strong organizational skills.
· Team player with an attitude of inclusion, an understanding of the value of teamwork, and a drive for success.
· Excellent customer service skills.
ANA’s state of the art office is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, just blocks from the Metro and a wide range of restaurants and shops. ANA offers competitive salaries, a flexible work schedule and great benefits that include the following and many more:
· Attractive benefit plan for Health, Dental, Vision, RX
· 3 weeks paid vacation and Christmas week off (paid)
· 9 paid holidays, birthday holiday, and 12 sick days
· Excellent matching 401K plan
· Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
· Flexible Spending Accounts