The American Nurses Association (ANA) is the premier organization representing the interests of the nation's 4 million registered nurses. ANA advances the nursing profession by fostering high standards of nursing practice, promoting a safe and ethical work environment, bolstering the health and wellness of nurses, and advocating on healthcare issues that affect nurses and the public. ANA is at the forefront of improving the quality of health care for all.
The PAC Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the American Nurses Association Political Action Committee’s fundraising, communications and compliance.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION: Apply online at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=8aa77bca-e0ae-4e12-a8d6-b79f70f2dd72&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CurrentOpenings or email your resume to email@example.com
1. Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Political Engagement, coordinates and implements ANA-PAC messaging and national fundraising strategy. Evaluates and refines innovative strategies for PAC solicitation programs to increase visibility, participation and contribution to the PAC.
2. Assist in staffing the ANA-PAC Board of Trustees and ANA-PAC Leadership Society, assists in managing meetings, supporting and coordinating engagement and fundraising efforts and preparing related materials and reports. Coordinates PAC communications to provide PAC members with consistent and timely information concerning PAC and political activities, including PAC website and periodic issue alerts and updates.
3. In collaboration with ANA grassroots/political staff, fosters synergy between ANA’s grassroots/tops and political action programs with the goal of enhancing growth and deepening the value and engagement in both.
4. Assists the operations and activities of ANA-PAC, including FEC reporting and compliance, and internal tracking of ANA disbursements to candidates and party committees and other entities.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required; degree in business administration, finance, political science, public policy, communications or another relevant field preferred.
Related Work Experience
Two or more years of work experience in: a corporate or association government affairs setting, political or non-profit fundraising, PAC administration, federal campaign management or finance, political/grassroots organization, or a state or federal legislative environment preferred.
· Working knowledge of a PAC.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Strong problem-solving skills, analytical and statistical abilities and attention to detail.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, comfort level working with databases and with technology solutions that support political and grassroots engagement.
· Fluency in the federal legislative process.
· Discretion, tact, and the ability for function as part of a team.
· Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate occasional evening or weekend work meetings and periodic travel.
Preferred Skills & Experience
Experience implementing both on and offline fundraising strategies, including events.
Working knowledge of Federal Election Commission regulations.
Knowledge of issues related to nursing and health care.