Desktop Services Technician – IT
Desktop Services Technician – IT (Bethesda)
Looking for quick study, hands-on desktop support technician to be a savior to end-users. Be a key team member based in the Bethesda MD headquarters office of a fast-growing company. You will support office staff, remote and home-based employees. The successful candidate will possess a combination of technical training and experience that demonstrates a proactive approach to addressing problems and finding solutions. The candidate must also be an excellent team player who works collaboratively within a global IT team. If you have good judgement and strong problem-solving skills and can really razzle dazzle your internal customers, you’re our person
- Associates or undergraduate degree or relevant certifications in technical areas is required.
- Corporate experience with end-user support, desktop services, hardware break/fix.
- Experience supporting technologies in use at Evidera/PPD which include: Windows 10 and Office 365; Lenovo laptops and associated docks/cables/adapters; Active Directory; SCCM; OneDrive; ticketing systems (Cherwell); computer imaging (PXE); mobile device management (Intune); conferencing technologies (GoToMeeting, WebEx).
- Familiarity with supporting the following is a plus, but not essential: desktop statistical software such as STATA, SAS and R; Skype enterprise voice; MS Teams;
- A proven/demonstrated ability to learn and troubleshoot new technologies as they arise
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some after-hours and weekend work.
- Must be able to move stock, desktop printers, monitors. Light to moderate lifting and carrying of objects with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Knowledge of systems management tools like SCCM preferred.
- Some knowledge of ITIL principles a plus.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with end-user support
- Minimum HS Diploma – Associates or undergraduate degree in a technical field preferred
Evidera is a global research consulting group that partners with life sciences organizations worldwide to develop, capture, and communicate the clinical and economic evidence required to substantiate the value of their products and optimize their products’ market access and commercial success. Our research and consulting services are driven by world-class science and thought leadership and leverage a unique combination of capabilities in health economics, outcomes research, market access, data analytics, and epidemiology.
Evidera offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Our Bethesda office is conveniently located a few blocks from the Bethesda metro, local shops, and restaurants. This office also offers complimentary coffee & tea, breakfast on Fridays, frequent social events, and a spacious, quiet work environment. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance for all our staff.
How to Apply
Please visit https://www.evidera.com/careers/current-opportunities/ to complete your online profile by attaching your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for the role.
Evidera, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender preference, disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or protected veteran.