Lead Accounts Payable Specialist
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) a non-profit organization located in Washington, DC, currently has a vacancy in the Office of Finance and Accounting. The position is full-time and eligible for benefits: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, SmartBenefits, PTO and more. Please submit resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day accounts payable functions to include daily review and posting of AP batches. Review and serve as back up to the Accounts Payable Specialist. Additional responsibilities include initiating outgoing wire transfers; general ledger analysis; preparation of journal entries; assistance with month end closing procedures and annual audit. Contributes to the Bishops’ strategic plan for the Conference. Demonstrates willingness and ability to understand, respect and contribute to the USCCB mission and to fulfill job duties in accordance with its Catholic identity.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of the day-to-day activities of Accounts Payable.
- Manage and review the daily posting of AP batches by ensuring correct vendor ids, the correct amount paid, the effective date of activity, account codes, as well as appropriate supporting documentation and necessary approvals, are present.
- Supervise the weekly check and EFT runs to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the requests.
- Supervise the AP month-end close to ensure all entries are made for prepaid expenses and all invoices for the month are processed by the AP closing deadline.
Educational Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Major Field/Specialty: Accounting
Other Specialized Training: (i.e. word processing, personal computer, knowledge of Catholic Church, etc.)
- 5-7+ years of experience in accounting.
- Supervision of accounts payable process preferred. Accounting experience should include reconciling accounts, journal entries, accruals and prepaid, month end close and audit preparation.
- PC applications-particularly spreadsheet and database applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the Catholic Church, its mission, structure, and teachings.
Type and Nature of Professional Experience:
- Accounts Payable
- Audit Schedules
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
Number of Years Required: A minimum of 5-7 years of work related experience.