Coordinator, Professional Learning Services
Position Summary: The Coordinator handles logistics, registration, and materials development for Professional Learning Services (PLS) programs and projects. Enrolling over 1,000 participants a year, this position supports a portfolio of full-length synchronous e-learning courses, asynchronous e-learning courses, and other NAFSA online learning offerings.
Major Functions and Responsibilities
Coordinate program information, management, and enrollments for PLS programs, including NAFSA Online Learning (45%)
- Input program data into databases, learning management systems (LMS), and other software platforms.
- Answer potential participant inquiries about program registration or content and provide a high level of customer service and support.
- Manage registration for programs; collaborate with external companies or internal Web Services unit to coordinate online registration.
- Create participant rosters, as well as compiling and disseminating reports and statistics.
- Provide participants preparatory materials per program design.
- Identify opportunities to automate customer service and administrative tasks as well as improve program production processes.
- Maintain program statistics and data analytics to inform business decisions and projections for future online programs.
- Coordinate project calendars to ensure on-time completion of all components.
- Produce, track, and manage volunteer data as well as trainer or copyright agreements.
- Serve as Course Manager for NAFSA e-learning courses by addressing software issues and maintaining course modules in appropriate LMS.
- Provide support to staff and presenters during live events.
Update and perform quality control of PLS program materials and Career Print (25%)
- Provide support in development and design of NAFSA Online Learning materials and handouts.
- Lead copy editing projects for web-based and written marketing materials.
- Assist in the copy editing of Core Education Program (CEP) and Signature Program curricula and materials during development and the annual review and printing cycle.
- Support the ongoing maintenance of Career Print, the International Education Professional Competencies online assessment tool.
Coordinate with marketing services to prepare materials for assigned programs (15%)
- Review draft promotional materials and correspondence; provide or revise content as necessary.
- In collaboration with Web Services, coordinate, update, and edit PLS program web pages using the appropriate content management system.
- Post marketing materials for upcoming programs with appropriate lead time.
Coordinate evaluation and certificate processes for assigned programs and NAFSA Transcript processes for all PLS programs (5%)
- Explain evaluation process to presenters/trainers and program participants; disseminate appropriate evaluations through online system.
- Download data and related analytics, compile results, and prepare formal reports to be shared both internally and externally.
- Handle processing, issuance, and customer service issues related to NAFSA Professional Development Transcript requests.
Coordinate PLS Team budget (5%)
- Maintain payment process on behalf of the department; collect, verify, and ensure timely approval of departmental invoices and expenses.
- Maintain departmental records of processed payments for reference.
Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director (5%)
- Associate’s degree
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written, with strong editorial capabilities (writing, editing, proofreading)
- A track record of excellent customer relations support utilizing both telephone and email
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately prioritize, manage, and complete multiple projects and assignments while meeting competing deadlines
- Experience synthesizing and organizing material for comprehensive written reports
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in all Microsoft Office suite products
- Bachelor’s degree with at least two (2) years of work experience
- Experience in teaching or training; familiarity with curriculum development or instructional design.
- Experience with HTML, learning management systems and/or databases
- Familiarity with learning technologies and software solutions
- Previous experience with NAFSA, international education, or other association, membership or nonprofit organization
- Exposure to event coordination or planning
- Previous customer support or technical support experience