The construction laborer performs a variety of tasks involving physical labor at varying tenant improvement and base building constructions projects within the DC Metro area, while always being focused on safety and quality. Laborers must be flexible and available for day work nd usually leading into overtime work.
A laborer’s requirements and responsibilities will be determined by the needs of the job each day and type of project being constructed, but typically involves the repetitive use of one’s hands, heavy lifting of objects, bending, kneeling, walking, and standing for extended periods of time. This position may also operate a variety of hand and power tools, heavy machinery or powered industrial equipment.
- Maintains a clean job site.
- Pick up and organize tools and equipment and secures job site each day to eliminate potential safety hazards.
- Cleans and prepares job site: trash, rubble, waste and debris removal, vacuum, sweep, wipe down and mop.
- Provide assistance to carpenters and other trades, as needed.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in construction project settings.
- Applies paint to surfaces to include wood, metal, walls, sidewalks, curbs, etc.
- Has ability to disassemble ladders, scaffolding, barriers, etc.
- Loads and unloads trucks with materials varying in weight, upwards to 100 pounds.
- Performs materials handling and storage.
- Digs holes, ditches, and trenches.
- Chips concrete or mixes, pours, and smooths concrete.
- Grind, scrape, sand, and polish various construction materials to include drywall, wood, and concrete.
- Provides foot and vehicle traffic control flagger coordination.