Communications & Media Relations Associate
- Maintain and monitor the website, YouTube channel, and social media accounts daily.
- Write, produce, and distribute the monthly newsletter.
- Maintain and update all marketing items, such as one pagers and brochures.
- Develop and implement strategies and content aimed at increasing awareness about the Economic Club across various platforms, including tweets, LinkedIn posts, YouTube videos, and Wikipedia content.
- Connect with members and other targeted groups via social media to maintain engagement.
- Assist with development and production of the Annual Report.
- Assist with production of videos to promote programs and initiatives.
- Draft basic public relations materials including news releases, media advisories, fact sheets, flyers, brochures and other materials as needed.
- Compose invitation letters, copy, and other materials to increase awareness of the Economic Club among target audiences, including potential speakers, members and the Diplomatic Corps.
- Develop and maintain media contact lists, distribute final press releases, follow up with media contacts.
- Conduct media outreach to encourage coverage of activities & programs
- Work onsite at events to ensure media needs are covered, which may include A/V needs.
- Work with Events Team to coordinate needs and logistics for attending media.
- Develop and manage livestreaming at events to maximize coverage and reach.
- Develop strong relationships and maximize opportunities with media.
- Track media coverage around events, present findings at weekly staff meetings.
- Flexibility and ability to work both independently and as a member of an efficient team.
- Flexible schedule, early morning and evening hours will be required around event.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, proofreading and editing skills.
- Knowledge of social media and evaluation tools and platforms in the social media space.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with media, community contacts and members.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail oriented and ability to meet deadlines.
- Evidence of a high degree of ethical behavior, ensuring an ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Basic photography, graphic design, videography, and photo/video editing skills.
- Computer savvy with proficiency of Microsoft Office required.