The Traffic/Project Manager, under the direction of the Vice President, Operations, sizes up every job the agency takes on and assigns a step-by-step schedule to see it through to completion.
Each day, the Traffic/Project Manager hosts an internal meeting to review and update the status of all new and active projects, creating a daily production schedule for each NDG team member. From there, the Traffic/Project Manager keeps a close watch, monitoring progress and sometimes physically moving a job from one desk to the next. As changes in timing or scheduling take place, the Traffic/Project Manager remains informed so an accurate schedule can be produced each day.
Reports directly to Vice President, Operations
ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews daily work schedule with Vice President, Operations, creative team members, production artists, and digital development staff
- Reviews any creative briefs or change orders from account services team members
- Revises schedules and maintains to all departments a digital “Priority List,” constantly reflecting the most pressing jobs for the day and their current status
- Publishes a weekly production status report to advise all departments of schedules and job status
- Expedites all “crisis jobs”—the majority of work should flow through creative/production on a reasonable, scheduled basis, as directed and supervised by the Vice President, Operations and Creative Director
- Notifies account services team members and the Vice President, Operations when necessary to contact clients for any materials, information, etc., required to complete scheduled projects.
- Communicates regularly with account services team members about the current status of all jobs in progress in creative/production, based on input from Vice President, Operations and Creative Director
- Reports any problems affecting job quality, due dates and costs to account services team members, after being advised by Vice President, Operations and Creative Director
- Works with Vice President, Operations in working with outside vendors for all projects, based on quality control, budget, timing, etc.
- Proofreads all artwork/digital proofs
- Is notified when internally approved copy, layouts, etc., are forwarded to Vice President, Operations/account services for client approval
- Makes sure all material is properly approved by account executive and client
- Regulates time to allow for an internal review of all concepts with account services
- Assists Vice President, Operations in coordinating schedules of collateral materials to arrive before final deadlines
- Obtains quotes from art and photo suppliers, freelancers and other vendors as required by Vice President, Operations
- Archives paperwork for all stock photography
- Creates job folders for newly booked projects, prints associated proposal from OPS, and then passes these items along to the Accounting Director
- Adds new projects to online file management system
- Assists Accounting Director and Vice President, Operations with billing (printing out reports, organizing contents of job folders, mailing invoices, and archiving completed projects in OPS)
- Assists with billing and pulls job folders ready for billing and presents to Vice President, Operations
- Archives and maintains any in-house client mechanicals/original artwork, digital production file backups and photo files according to the agency archiving process
- Maintains updated agency sample files
- Arranges delivery of samples to client and agency personnel for all completed jobs
- Works with media department to obtain publications’ specifications and extensions when necessary
- Researches specialty items and purchases items for clients
- Prints, binds and collates materials for presentations and client meetings
- Maintains current computer skills related to daily job functions
- At least two (2) years of project or traffic management experience in an agency environment is preferred. Similar project management experience acceptable.
- Energetic, resourceful, positive attitude and a passion for learning
- Exceptional organizational skills and time management skills
- Must be personable and possess excellent people skills & sound judgment