Digital Learning Project Manager & Sr Instructional Designer
Redmon Group is an industry-leading software and media development company located on the river in beautiful Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. We work with top tier clients using a wide variety of tools and techniques, and pride ourselves in our technical prowess, innovative design, and cohesive teamwork.
We’re looking for a remarkable individual to join our team as a project manager and instructional designer for digital learning and other type projects. In particular, we’re seeking candidates with excellent verbal and written communication skills, an ability to multi-task across multiple projects and technologies, strong collaboration and teamwork principles, and a comprehensive grasp of using technology and rich media to solve learning and business challenges.
- Strong consulting skills (able to build rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders)
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with various levels of associates (technical, non-technical, and creative) and management
- Ability to succeed without intensive management oversight and to work in a fast-paced matrix environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Experience writing, reviewing, and operationalizing design documents, functional specifications, scripts, storyboards, and other instructional and support materials
- Experience managing teams using industry-standard interactive learning methodologies, processes, and technologies
- Experience in creating solutions for adult learners for a wide-range of project types including video, web, mobile, desktop, microlearning, etc.
- Experience in budgeting, production scheduling and resource management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) or similar tools
Optional but Helpful:
- Experience with program management or business development
- Understanding of the legal and ethical issues related to designing learning, including accessibility and intellectual property
- Hands-on experience with video production
- Hands-on experience with media development tools (Photoshop, Fireworks, 3d Studio, Final Cut, Illustrator, etc.) or
- 4+ years of experience working as a software, e-learning, or multimedia project manager or producer
- 4+ years instructional design experience in training design, development and delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, Computer Science, or other related field
In this position you’ll be:
- instrumental in designing and managing the development of interactive digital learning and other solutions for federal, local government, and commercial clients
- responsible and accountable for on-time, on-budget delivery of high-quality client projects
- creating and managing to project schedules and budgets
- serving as the main point of contact between team members, stakeholders, and the client
- a matrix manager using shared resources with other project leaders
- guiding the delivery and approval process of interim deliverables to clients, including obtaining feedback, implementing revisions, and drafting progress reports
- taking an active role in the design and development of projects as a member of the development team, typically but not exclusively in the role of lead Instructional Designer
- an advisor to both clients and other Redmon staff on digital learning – from trends and theory to the practical aspects of creating a project from start to finish
- responsible for helping create proposals and other business development activities
- other duties as able or assigned
This is a permanent position with great benefits and a competitive salary. If you’re interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.