Manager, Corporate Engagement, Forests - 20002
Manager, Corporate Engagement, Forests - 20002
Type: Regular - Full Time
# of Openings: 1
WWF Washington, DC
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organizations, seeks a Corporate Engagement Manager. The Manager is part of the WWF-US Forests team, whose vision is to conserve the world's forests to sustain nature's diversity, benefit our climate, and support human well-being. The Manager's major function is to advance WWF strategies and programs to engage US companies on actions they can take to avoid deforestation and forest degradation, and support landscape-scale forest conservation. The Manager also promotes uptake of tools and technologies to help companies manage sourcing risk, demonstrate transparency, show progress, and quantify the ecosystem services benefits of forest-related actions. S/he represents WWF-US on internal and external forest forums focused on engaging the private sector. S/he serves as liaison with WWF-US government relations team and key US government agency contacts and NGO partners on illegal logging and other forest trade issues. S/he works closely with WWF-US staff focused on corporate engagement under food, freshwater, climate and private sector engagement teams. The Manager reports to the Director, Corporate Engagement, Forests, and may supervise other team members.
- Advance WWF-US strategies and programs for engaging a range of US companies on responsible sourcing and other actions to avoid deforestation and forest degradation and support landscape-scale forest conservation that benefits both people and nature. Those actions include responsible sourcing; support for forest restoration, protection and improved forest management; helping small-scale producers implement more sustainable practices; and participating in regional approaches focused on strengthening forest governance.
- Manage one-on-one relationships with companies participating in WWF's Global Forest & Trade Network and other WWF programs focused on reducing deforestation and forest degradation, and improving forest health and extent. Provide technical support and feedback to companies around setting robust sourcing policies and targets, demonstrating transparency, and better integrating forest goals and actions with climate, freshwater, food, biodiversity and community goals.
- Serve as WWF-US technical resource and liaison for other WWF network offices, WWF-US government agency contacts, and NGO partners, on issues and trends related to illegal logging and associated trade, and natural resource commodity sourcing that affects forests.
- Lead or participate on cross-cutting teams focused on innovation, thought leadership, and scaling up priority initiatives, leveraging private sector action to achieving WWF-US Forest goals.
- Represent WWF-US at meetings, external workshops, conferences and working groups.
- Other duties as assigned, including fundraising, proposal development, and strategic planning.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in a relevant field such as forestry, business, corporate sustainability, sustainable finance, supply chain management, environmental economics, international natural resources trade. A Master's Degree is preferred.
- Must have at least 8 years' relevant work experience, either in in the private sector or engaging with the private sector, on improved sustainability practices.
- Must have thorough knowledge of issues/trends in global forestry and associated trade
- Must be willing and able to do domestic and international travel
- Knowledge of illegal logging, and technical and policy interventions to combat it, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to sell ideas, identify strategic opportunities, and deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within high performing teams and to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex technical concepts for diverse audiences
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic and negotiation skills
- Excellent public speaking and written communication skills
- Experience working overseas and across geographical and cultural boundaries desirable
- Knowledge of Spanish, Mandarin, French, Portuguese or Bahasa Indonesia language desirable
- Application Deadline is Wed, August 14th.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #20002
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/gvnmbdqsgjbnzdmv