The Chronicle seeks an Engagement Manager to join our Content Revenue department. The Engagement Manager is responsible for ensuring high visibility, readership, and engagement at campuses and organizations that maintain a Chronicle site license program. The manager will develop and deliver a replicable program of marketing and program activities that drive campus-wide awareness and adoption of Chronicle content streams including newsletters, digital site readership, and other actions that lead to individual user profile creation and increased annual site license renewals. The Engagement Manager will report to the Director, Institutional Sales and Engagement.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver site license subscriber targeted outreach to increase customer satisfaction and site usage
- Provide regular reporting on customer feedback and engagement
- Analyze types of site license customers and users, understand how to market to their users
- Understand the needs and interests of librarians and other key campus leaders relative to the site license program and design communication programs and methods to meet their needs
- Increase site license activation and usage via mass outreach – e.g., proactive communications (monthly user tips email newsletter, “how to” guides on website, new subscriber onboarding program) created in partnership with our Content Revenue department
- Drive connection with primary contact and affinity with broad institution/organization audience
- Represent organization and products at library and industry events
- Represent Institutional customers within Content Revenue and Chronicle communities
What you bring:
- Outstanding strategic marketing skills
- Strong account management and customer engagement background
- Strong digital and social media expertise
- Superior relationship management skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication ability; articulate and professional presentation style
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow through on the entire engagement cycle
- Ability to collaborate and work well with clients and colleagues
- Comfort and experience working with qualitative and quantitative primary consumer research
- Ability to understand the buying process within higher education and philanthropy markets is preferred.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2-3 years in customer engagement role, with demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding business and revenue expectations. Experience marketing content or subscriptions to institutions preferred. Experience with higher education and/or nonprofit clients preferred.
How to Apply:
To apply, send a résumé and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Engagement Manager” in the subject line.