Contracts & Grants Officer
Contracts and Grants Officer
At AMIDEAST we pride ourselves in being a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. We also pride ourselves in providing 40+ days of paid leave and a great 401k with 6% matching.
The Contracts and Grants Officer
- Leads award-related communications with stakeholders including donors (especially the US Department of State and USAID), partner NGOs/institutions, contractors, HQ, field staff, and auditors.
- Serves a vital role in the management of AMIDEAST’s grants, cooperative agreements and contracts, by reviewing, negotiating, organizing, monitoring, tracking, and filing agreements and supporting documentation.
- Offers critical assistance to program operations by setting up new projects, crafting and submitting reports, updating procedures, and providing C&G trainings or guidance to all levels of staff.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support field offices and HQ (including country directors, finance, program, and leadership) in the area of contracts and grants;
- Communicate with federal agencies, field offices, and partner institutions on award-related matters;
- Attend non-profit industry events/trainings/webinars and keep abreast of new developments in international NGO sector;
- Maintain and update AMIDEAST agreement tracker and other informational databases;
- Set-up or clone new projects in coordination with program and finance teams;
- Assist or lead new award kick-off meetings and closeout of old awards;
- Report to, or assist in reporting to, USG through its designated online platforms including FFATA, SPOT, SAM.gov, SAMS Domestic, RAM, PVS, and DEC;
- Vet partners, contractors, students, clients, key AMIDEAST staff, and vendors for compliance with sanctions;
- Monitor and track cost share submissions from HQ and field offices;
- Review and recommend changes or updates to policies, procedures, and templates as needed;
- Lead C&G recordkeeping efforts and ensure C&G files are systematically organized according to protocol for the benefit of both efficient operations and audit;
- Upload and maintain permanent files to internal shared drive including successful proposals, critical award documents, amendments, and key correspondence;
- Assist management of subrecipients by monitoring deliverables, processing invoices, and assessing compliance with regulations/terms and conditions;
- Review or assist in drafting memoranda of understandings, teaming agreements, contracts, subagreements, and formal correspondence and assist in negotiating favorable terms for AMIDEAST in all agreements;
- Assist in reviewing and revising project budgets;
- Assist in training HQ and field staff both in-person and via Zoom online webinars as well as providing guidance on C&G matters;
• Lead other special activities and projects as needed (such as data visualization, new policies, managing C&G’s vendors, etc.).
Bachelor’s degree with 2-6 years experience
Familiarity with grant/contract administration and regulations
Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Familiarity with the Middle East/North Africa region and/or Arabic or French language skills
Experience with USAID and/or State Department, especially their grant regulations
Degree or certification in law, business, finance, or contract/grant management
Open to possible work travel to MENA region (although travel not anticipated)
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation