Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
This is a 12 month, term appointment. The full-time position is part of the Food Supplement Nutrition Education program (FSNE) conducted by the University of Maryland Extension. The educator will deliver nutrition education programs to low income residents in Prince George’s County with emphasis on reaching food supplement (stamp) recipients. The position will be housed at the Prince George’s County Extension office in Clinton, MD.
- Plan and conduct nutrition education programs for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participants in Prince George’s County.
- Collaborate with local food assistance programs to develop and distribute nutrition information.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations to plan, implement, and evaluate programs and seek new partnerships to deliver nutrition education programs, with a focus on multi-level interventions as depicted in the Socio-Ecological Model.
- Use FSNE evaluation instruments to conduct program assessment and report formative, process, and outcome evaluation data.
- Attend FSNE staff development programs and participate in monthly conference calls.