Trades Maintenance Worker I
This position is responsible for preventive maintenance to heating and air conditioning and repairs in electric, plumbing, carpentry, appliances, and minor structural problems. Maintain supplies and parts for buildings. Perform vacant unit rehabilitations. Maintain operation of HVAC units, boilers, repair pipes, pumps and furnaces and keep logs. Conduct unit inspections, maintain keys for apartments and mail boxes, storage, community centers and laundry rooms. Respond to emergency calls and maintain security of buildings. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Requires high school or equivalent.
- Requires minimum of 1-year housing/building maintenance experience.
- Must have working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, carpentry and electrical skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have ability to use and care for tools and equipment.
- Must have ability to lift heavy objects (50 – 100 lbs.), install electrical fixtures, toilets, sinks, etc.
- Must have ability to deal tactfully, effectively and courteously with the public and co-workers.
- Must have ability to work independently or as part of a team and follow oral and written instructions.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record and own transportation required.
- Willingness to share on-call duty for emergency maintenance necessary.