EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes Network Systems currently has an exciting opportunity for a Broadband Provisioner. This position will be located at our Gaithersburg, MD location.
* Ability to identify, track and manage to resolution risks and customer issues for each implementation.
* Multiple rollouts for HughesNet broadband wireline customers.
* Tactical single point of contact for wireline, phone line (POT's) and VOIP order processing and routine wireline installation activities/issues.
* Coordinate with HNS customers to obtain correct data for wireline order processing.
* Process wireline orders using Network Access Provider (NAP) and HNS database.
* Escalate concerns about wireline ordering issues to HNS management.
* Resolves wireline site issues to customer’s satisfaction.
* Updating database with Network Access Provider (NAP) schedule order commitment (SOC) and firm order commitment (FOC) dates, as needed.
* Downloading and formatting customer information from database for reporting.
* Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners alike.
* Ability to apply theories, techniques and see possible outcomes within own related area.
* Work with policies, procedures, and principals with few or no precedents.
* Chooses among multiple alternatives with little guidance and has the ability to solve complex or novel problems.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 4+ years of Carrier Technology, DSL, or Network Protocol experience
* Ability to document training flows, processes and procedures
* Telecommunications, and VOIP experience is highly preferred
* Prior experience managing multiple vendors
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel (macros, data analytics, etc)
* Prior project management, or project coordination exposure
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, high growth, ever changing environment
* Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
* Ability to learn specialized database systems to provision order
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.