Construction Project Manager
Who we are:
We provide General Construction, Design Build and Subcontracting services for the Federal Government, State and Local Governments, as well as Commercial and Institutional Enterprises.
The Project Manager will handle the daily administration, management and facilitation of construction projects, from preconstruction to final close-out of our projects which are located within the MD-DC-VA area. Duties include owner/architect correspondence, RFIs, scheduling, subcontract purchase, award and administration, shop drawings/submittals, claims avoidance and resolution, cost control, monthly reports, changer order and submittal review, Owner meetings, progress meetings, contract close-out, warranty work, quality control and safety, aspects of the construction project management process from bid preparation to closeout.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management (or related) or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years' experience with commercial general construction projects.
- Experience leading projects ranging from $100k to $7m+
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with team members on all levels
- Strengths should include being a team player with strong coordination and shop drawing review skills, subcontractor management, budgeting and cost control and scheduling experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time in various stages of construction.
- Computer proficiency and software knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Project a MUST), Prolog, and Blue Beam
- Excellent Team Working skills
- Primary responsibility for all project administration.
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills with the ability to proficiently and successfully manage a project from estimating turnover to close-out
- Scoping, negotiating and writing of subcontract agreements
- Prepare owner progress invoicing, manage subcontractor / vendor payments, and risk mitigation requirements (COI’s, lien waivers, etc.)
- Conducts all project meetings, including weekly Job Progress Meetings. Prepares and issues minutes of meeting.
- Receives reviews and manages all shop drawings, product data and other technical information.
- Sets up and updates all project logs including Submittal Log, RFI Log and Proposed Change Order Log.
- Assembles and submits Project Closeout documents.
- Prepares detailed CPM project schedule and updates periodically.
- Prepares weekly short duration schedule.
- Coordinates work of all subcontractors to insure on time performance.
- Meets financial targets by controlling costs components including labor cost, material cost and subcontract cost.
- Prepares and maintains monthly Project Cost Control Report.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor and vendor payment requests.
- Issues Payment Requisition to Owner and follows up to insure approval and payment.
- Prepares and submits potential change order requests to Owner.
- Issue Subcontract Change Orders.
Quality Assurance & Safety:
- Assures all work is in full compliance with the contract, the plans, the specifications, and codes.
- Periodically inspects the work in place for compliance.
- Administers Zero Defects Program.
- Insures compliance with all company and state agency safety regulations.
- Provides pre-planning and review of all project safety controls.
- Conducts regular jobsite safety inspections.
- Establishes safety culture and safe work environment on job.