IT Manager- #0033633
1 day left
- Full Time
The Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) is seeking an IT Manager to lead the Core Mission Services team in our IT Service Division. Located on the Johns Hopkins University campus in Baltimore, MD, STScI is the science operations center for the Hubble Space Telescope (HST) and the science and mission operations center for the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST), scheduled to launch in spring 2021. STScI offers an excellent and generous benefits package, tuition reimbursement, flexible work schedules, and a stimulating and diverse work environment. Relocation assistance may be available. Explore our benefits: http://www.stsci.edu/opportunities/benefits
Your Role & Responsibilities:
The Information Technology Services Division (ITSD) is seeking an IT Manager responsible for the Institute’s Core Mission Services Branch. We are looking to you to bring your experience as a staff manager with broad knowledge of IT and support of mission critical environments. You will lead your staff in developing a productive, respectful and inclusive work culture empowering career development, innovation and teamwork.
You will work as an integral part of the IT Services Division’s Management Team in support of improving the breadth and depth of the IT staff’s contribution to the missions of STScI. This includes:
- Strategic planning, project and portfolio management
- Managing a staff of approximately 9 system administrators, storage technologists, scientific software support administrators, and mission liaisons (Business Relationship Managers)
- Identifying, engineering, implementing, and supporting mission critical infrastructure for observatory planning, scheduling, flight operations, data management and data distribution
- Participating in strategic planning for ongoing missions as well as future opportunities
- Coordinating development and technical business requirements with STScI Mission Offices
- Providing IT input for proposals for future missions and ongoing mission renewals
Your Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
Successful applicants are typically eager to learn and grow in their career, demonstrate great versatility and teamwork, and are creative problem-solvers with strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills. You have a 15+ years of progressively responsible and technical expertise with prior management experience.
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the field of information systems or computer science. An advanced degree would be advantageous. Substitution of relevant education or experience for the stated qualifications may be considered.
- Experience leading teams supporting mission critical infrastructure and systems
- Proven experience with ITIL. Certification preferred.
- Experience with waterfall and agile project management practices
- DevOps experience is a plus
- Proven technical leadership experience
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both within your branch and externally, including collaborating effectively with other managers, customers and stakeholders
- Success in advocating for diverse and inclusive teams and work culture
Candidates must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident. ITAR clearance is required.
To Apply: Share your experience by completing an on-line application. Please upload a cover letter and resume on one PDF document for review. Applications received by August 19, 2019 will receive full consideration.
Explore all career opportunities through our website at: www.stsci.edu/opportunities.
AURA, as a leader in the astronomical community, is committed to diversity and inclusion. AURA develops and supports programs that advance our organizational commitment to diversity, broaden participation, and encourage the advancement of diversity throughout the astronomical scientific workforce. Learn more at www.aura-astronomy.org/diversity.asp
As a recipient of U.S. Government funding, AURA is considered a government contractor and is subject to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, AURA and all of the centers, do not discriminate based on race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender identity expression, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, disability, and/or any other legally protected status under applicable federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws. The statements below as well as the requests for self-identification are required pursuant to these regulations. We encourage your participation in meeting these federal reporting requirements that are included for protection and to assist us in our record keeping and reporting. Your responses are kept strictly confidential.
STScI sees the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in our desire to create a first-rate scientific community. We reflect that deep commitment in strongly encouraging women, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities.
Veterans, disabled individuals or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at email@example.com. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Voted to the Baltimore Magazine Hall of Fame in 2015 – Top 25 Places to Work in Baltimore.