3 days left
- Full Time
Start Date: Summer/Fall 2019
Hours: Full-time, exempt employment
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Application Instructions: Please submit a resume and cover letter to jobs@GrassrootProject.org.
Founded in January 2009, The Grassroot Project (TGP) is the first non-profit organization to be designed, initiated, and managed by current and former NCAA athletes. TGP uses the platform of sports and the power of student-athlete role models to educate, inspire, and mobilize youth to lead healthy lives. Our vision is that one day all teenagers will be equipped with the information necessary to make informed decisions about their health; empowered with the skills and support to make healthy choices; and connected to key health facilities and services. To date, more than 1,000 varsity athletes from more than 40 sports teams at Georgetown University, Howard University, George Washington University, American University, and the University of Maryland have facilitated TGP’s health promotion programs in more than 50 DC middle schools and community centers, and our programs have reached more than 5,000 low-income youth.
Overview of Role
The Grassroot Project has grown significantly in the past two years, both in programmatic reach and in budget size, funder portfolio, and staffing structure. We are in the process of preparing for another stage of significant growth, and we are seeking an organized, self-driven Finance Manager to join our team as we prepare for this growth. The successful candidate will lead the execution of day-to-day tasks at The Grassroot Project. This will include daily financial management, management of TGP’s existing grants and contracts, and management of operational partnerships and timelines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage TGP’s daily financial activities, including purchases, reimbursements, and all bookkeeping in Quickbooks system
- Manage TGP’s operating budget, project budgets, and grant budgets
- Produce monthly YTD budget analysis and provide TGP’s executive team with monthly budget projections
- Prepare reports and invoices for TGP’s portfolio of grants and contracts
- Manage partnerships with external organizations and companies that assist with TGP’s operations and finances, including accounting/bookkeeping firms, HR firms, data consultants, etc.
- Ensure TGP’s compliance with legal and financial reports, certifications, and registration
- Assist auditors and TGP staff with an annual audit and with the preparation of annual tax documents and financial certifications
- Manage vendor relations, contracts, and equipment leases
- Stay up to date with accounting procedure trends for nonprofits
- Manage basic human resources, including: assisting new staff with onboarding including enrolling new employees in payroll and benefits programs such as health insurance and other plans covered by the employer
- Maintain electronic personnel files
- Prepare and file annual census for workers compensation and any other annual employee census required to keep insurance levels current
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (required), preferably with coursework or certification in a finance-related field
- Passion for entering a fast-paced work environment and bringing organization to a system with many moving parts
- Interest in building systems and processes to help maximize organizational efficiency
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to present information in a variety of formats
- Comfort using Microsoft Office Suite, G-Suite, Dropbox, and Salesforce
Apply for Finance Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly