Develop and implement a fundraising program to secure annual gifts to support the NRA and all affiliates, with a focus on new and renewed Ring of Freedom donors beginning at $1,000 annually. Coordinate a donor relations communications program based on best practices that thanks the donor, informs the donor, and cultivates donor interests.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Develop and implement a strategy to identify, cultivate, and solicit annual gifts of $1,000 up to $24,999 to benefit the NRA and its affiliates (c3 and c4). This includes:
- The maturation and management of the Ring of Freedom, the NRA’s premiere donor recognition society.
- Development of a comprehensive annual fund program to include direct mail, telemarketing, personal solicitations, events and electronic appeals.
- Work with NRA colleagues such as ILA, General Operations, and others who solicit gifts for Ring of Freedom membership. Provide timely response to questions and readily available materials to promote successful partnerships in the solicitation efforts...
Plan and administer an annual giving Ring of Freedom Renewal Program that:
- Is comprehensive and strategic.
- Annually increases both the number of donors and annual gift totals.
- Creates an effective solicitation program for gifts up to $25,000 that compliments the strategic and planned giving Advancement programs.
Oversee a comprehensive acknowledgment process to ensure appropriate and timely recognition and continual appreciation of all donations processed through the Office of Advancement.
Create a stratified donor recognition program.
- Create targeted and segmented methods to acquire and renew donors.
- Provide timely and appropriate recognition and involvement based on Society levels.
- Develop thoughtful collateral materials to provide donors and prospects with timely information about the donor recognition society.
Working with the Reporting Manager perform comprehensive analysis of the Ring of Freedom annual solicitation programs. Run queries to create reports in Raiser’s Edge and uses statistics to evaluate current annual giving programs and make recommendations for program changes.
Working with the Reporting Manager provide timely, regular, and accurate reports on the status of the donor recognitions society. Working with the Director of Advancement Services develop and submit budgets for all programs to support strategic goals and objectives. Coordinate and promote special initiatives for high-end ($20,000+) donor purchase/gift options to involve new donors and renew past donors.
Serve as the lead for all official ROF events.
Work with Communications staff to coordinate and manage details of each ROF event including but not limited to: communications (Talking points, invitations, e-blasts and flyers), program developments and executions, event details including timing, seating, meals, guest speakers, schedule of events and event follow-up.
Supervises other Ring of Freedom staff.
Strategically plans social media and e-communications in collaboration with Advancement Communications.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
A passion for the mission of the NRA; Personal and professional integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 plus years of appropriate experience.
- Successful experience in fundraising or successful experience with the NRA.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices associated with fundraising.
- Strong computer and analytical skills along with excellent writing, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to build personal long-term relationships with prospects and donors.
- Strong strategic and tactical skills and an unflagging commitment to achieving programmatic and departmental goals in support of the NRA’s mission; must be a results-oriented individual who demonstrates the ability to work well with people at all levels of an organization.
- Willingness to learn the most sophisticated fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Successful experience in managing and tracking multiple projects/prospects.
- Ability to work independently as well as contributing and collaborative team member.
- Creative and motivated self-starter.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced work environment with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to develop and implement dynamic plans to identify, cultivate and solicit prospects.
- Ability to use MS Office applications and databases for personal administrative support, project and prospect management.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail.
- Must be willing and able to work evenings and to undertake overnight travel on a regular basis.
- Access to sensitive materials requires a high degree of discretion, integrity, ethics and confidentiality.
- Must be active in professional organizations and able to keep programs current with best practices in fundraising
To apply, send resume with cover letter to email@example.com. The NRA is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer offering an extensive benefits package.
Apply for Fundraising Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly