Senior Financial Analyst
7 days left
- Full Time
The American Nurses Association (ANA) is the premier organization representing the interests of the nation's 4 million registered nurses. ANA advances the nursing profession by fostering high standards of nursing practice, promoting a safe and ethical work environment, bolstering the health and wellness of nurses, and advocating on healthcare issues that affect nurses and the public. ANA is at the forefront of improving the quality of health care for all.
The American Nurses Association Enterprise is a family of companies working together to achieve the vision of a healthy world through the power of Nursing.
The Senior Financial Analyst will work collaboratively with staff to achieve established financial organizational goals. Analyzes financial performance against budget and develops plans to anticipate and address any variances for the Enterprise, ANA, ANCC, and the Foundation. Work closely with operational teams to forecast and advise department managers on ways to remedy their revenue and expense budget variances including development of extensive pricing models.
1. Assess reporting needs, develop reports, and conduct financial and business analysis. Ability to provide strategic business analysis, including business and financial recommendations, based on modeling strategic initiatives and existing lines of business.
2. Develops financial forecasts and works with operational teams to forecast and advise department managers on ways to remedy their budget variances. Assists with the annual Budget, and provides periodic forecasting, including a Mid-Year Forecast. Performs budget variance analysis of monthly internal financial statements, summarizing findings in a formal written report, inclusive of charts and dashboards.
3. Works closely with the Director of Finance on monthly financial reporting, and other presentations for the ANA, ANCC and Foundation Boards of Directors.
4. Uses budgeting software, Adaptive Insights, to develop budget models, financial templates, and complex reports for various stakeholders.
5. Proficient at developing complex models, including pricing and staffing models to manage the labor and fringe pools. Advises the CFO, and VP of Human Resources in connection with the impact of staffing models.
6. Works collaboratively with others. Able to build strong relationships across all levels and provide enthusiastic support to co-workers across the Enterprise.
7. Completes ad hoc financial requests and analyses for Executive Leadership. Excellent presentation skills and the ability to present to a large audience. Performs other duties as assigned by the CFO and Finance Director.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Economics. 4 years of equivalent experience may substitute. Masters preferred.
Relevant Work Experience
· 5-10 years of related finance experience, preferably in medium to large sized companies.
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks according to deadlines and deliver work on schedule with minimal supervision.
· MS Excel Super-User required and demonstrated experience using budgeting software required.
· Knowledge of Federal grants and contracts experience desirable.
· Understanding of financial management systems in a multi-entity environment and strong expertise in the Microsoft suite of software.
· Knowledgeable of generally accepted accounting principles and can explain these concepts to non-financial internal customers.
· Extremely detail-oriented and have an ability to carry out work with highest levels of accuracy and efficiency.
· Planning skills, decision making skills, listening skills, problem solving skills, accountability and responsibility for core functions are critical.
Thorough understanding of principles and techniques of budget and forecast preparations, administration, technical writing and related record keeping.
· Ability to work independently without close supervision.
· Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities and demanding workload.
· Work well under pressure and possesses effective problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
· Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
ANA’s state of the art office is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, just blocks from the Metro and a wide range of restaurants and shops. ANA offers competitive salaries, a flexible work schedule and great benefits that include the following and many more:
• Attractive benefit plan for Health, Dental, Vision, RX
• 15 days accrued PTO, 3 personal days and Christmas week off (paid)
• 9 paid holidays, birthday holiday, and 12 sick days
• Excellent matching 401K plan
• Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
• Flexible Spending Accounts