Program Manager of Alumni Marketing
4 days left
- Full Time
The Program Manager of Alumni Marketing will work closely with the Director of Alumni Marketing to execute integrated marketing plans designed to increase engagement and financial support from university alumni, as well as to communicate university priorities.
This role will collaborate with the University of Maryland Alumni Association and other alumni relations staff to plan and manage the design, production and distribution of a high volume of marketing efforts through traditional and emerging channels — identifying new marketing opportunities and initiatives to meet goals.
The Program Manager is expected to occasionally attend after-work and weekend events to help promote alumni-related university initiatives, help with the distribution and delivery of alumni-related marketing materials throughout campus, and lend support for special initiatives, for example Giving Day, Homecoming, Maryland Day, the Maryland State Fair and other university events.
The incumbent must have core competencies in marketing, including:
• Multi-channel print and digital campaigns.
• Email marketing, serving as a subject matter expert for the department, and a resource for others, as needed.
• Tracking and analyzing results to maximize promotional efforts.
• Knowledge and comfort working with content management systems.
As part of the Office of Strategic Communications, the Program Manager of Alumni Marketing will serve as part of a collaborative team to protect and enhance the brand and reputation of the university.
• Work with Director of Alumni Marketing to operationalize all marketing efforts for the Alumni Association.
• Under the direction of the Director of Alumni Marketing, collaborate with Alumni Association and alumni relations staff to develop and execute marketing strategies designed to increase alumni engagement and financial support.
• Develop positive working relationships with campus partners, serving as project lead and point of contact for high volume of marketing projects.
• Coordinate content for ads, brochures, direct mail, email, e-newsletters, websites, videos and other collateral for alumni relations clients in partnership with colleagues in Strategic Communications.
• Manage the overall Strategic Communications email calendar for all alumni serving clients.
• Coordinate with campus partners to develop email marketing strategies, compelling content and design.
• Analyze email marketing efforts, report on measurable outcomes and monitor success for improved effectiveness.
• Research and offer recommendations for using emerging marketing techniques.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field is required.
Minimum of five years experience in marketing, communications, alumni relations or a related field is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proven project management skills and the ability to manage clients.
• Ability to multitask and meet demanding deadlines on a day-to-day basis with multiple clients and competing priorities.
• Exceptional communication, writing, organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrate ability in planning, managing and executing the marketing efforts needed for large and small scale projects and events.
• Experience working with content management and project management systems.
• Knowledge of and experience using current social media and web tools.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate in a team environment.
• Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends as needed.